• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Cold Case [spoilers for 2.9 Mind Hunters]

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
Firstly, John Billinglsey was fucking cool in this episode! I've had breakfast with the guy, and he's really friendly and nice. And it reflects every character I've seen him as on TV. But in Cold Case... he was fucking chilling!

But this episode, man. What were they doing?!

It took me a while to get into Cold Case. The whole principle of this show and others like it were against the grain for me. I like deep, arc-driven development for the main characters. And I don't like a lot of resolution, I like ongoing stuff. Cold Case is none of this.

I eventually got into it, and learned to like the storytelling. The point isn't about if they solve it, it's about how they do it and getting to know the people in the story.

So after I've gotten into it, and used to this sort of story, they turn my world upside down. No slowmo shots of the murdered people being "released" as it were. No justice... they're still dead, he got away.. they didn't get the bad guy. What? How? They always get the bad guy? How could they do this to us?

Bah.

I rather liked the change from the norm :)

I was half watching, half surfing when I heard the voice, and it took me a few minutes to place it. Very distinctive, but he does look different without the make-up :)

I didn't see this ep, because like so many cop shows I have got tired of the formula - especially during mid-S1 when Rush was always, always, ALWAYS right.

However, my wife saw it and was full of enthusiasm about how great it was that they did break with the formula and not get the bad guy - even though the viewers were willing them to do so, because he was so "chilling".

I think this is one of the reasons that I like CSI so much - they don't always get the bad guy, but you can never tell when it's going to happen.

I haven't really watched mush this season (Not generally into TV on Sunday nights), but, I've been expecting for quite awhile that Lily had to eventually start losing some. I'm amazed it hasn't happened before now. I thought for sure she was going to end up with an arc of some kind involving someone she didn't bust, that turned out to be a serial killer or something, and a Season finale would be a showdown with this criminal, or something along those lines. Similar to the arc in Profiler in the early days.

Back