• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Mandalorian (On Disney+)

Demonn

Regular
So Star Wars... I am of the opinion that Disney has effed that all up. I tried to watch the new movies. I did, I really did, and I got a couple minutes into the second one. I just Couldn't watch it. It was sad... so sad for me. I felt like they made me quit Star Wars...

I was DONE... Completely done.

Then I saw the trailer for The Mandalorian a few weeks ago. It hooked me in the face like I was a fishy... Gonna check it out. New characters, set 5 years after Return of the Jedi...

Anybody else gonna check it out?

Anybody else gonna check it out?

I am VERY torn. I don't want to give Disney more of my money. I don't want to subscribe to another streaming service. I don't think I'll actually devote the time to watching all of it. I'm not the biggest fan of the new movies, but I admit I've loved certain parts - but hated other parts. I can't imagine it will save the franchise. BUT I think the big problem is I want it to be good and to salvage what was lacking in the movies so I am curious. :rolleyes:

A guy I work with doesn't want to spend the money either... he said he'd wait and see what scenes get put on YouTube. The stuff I've seen on there is already enough for me. They showed off his ship since it's all live action and they're using miniatures or models...

Mandalorian Gunship named The Razor Crest...

I'm sure I'll end up checking it out, especially since there are two other Star Wars series in the works. I figure I can spend the $68 for the year. The show itself has some great names attached to it as far as directing goes.

When I first heard about this someone said it was gonna be Boba Fett... I think they've moved on from that idea but it's still possibly Boba. They don't give a name for him. That alone is kinda interesting... you got a no named Mandalorian Bounty Hunter with underworld connections going around snatching people up in a chaotic time full of work... He could possibly be wanted himself. Whatever his name is, it's gonna be an epic reveal. I hope...

When I first heard about this someone said it was gonna be Boba Fett... I think they've moved on from that idea but it's still possibly Boba. They don't give a name for him. That alone is kinda interesting... you got a no named Mandalorian Bounty Hunter with underworld connections going around snatching people up in a chaotic time full of work... He could possibly be wanted himself. Whatever his name is, it's gonna be an epic reveal. I hope...

That would be a heck of a twist – though Boba should really look like Temuera Morrison, since he's a clone of Jango, and the Mandalorian is being played by Pedro Pascal. But I'd love it if Boba somehow survived the Sarlacc Pit in ROTJ and has a face-off with the Mandalorian at some point!

I love the cast they've got for this – Pedro Pascal, Carl Weathers, Werner Herzog, Gina Carano, Nick Nolte – and it's cool seeing all the Star Wars aliens again in the latest trailer. Really does feel like Star Wars! Shame I won't get to see it until they release the Blu-Ray over here... Disney aren't even launching their new channel in the UK until next year (really Disney, that's just going to increase piracy), and I've no intention of subscribing for just one show (besides, my money will already be going to Amazon Prime for The Expanse, Picard, Jack Ryan, LOTR...)

Anyone else catch this yet?

I'll keep it spoiler free and say that I enjoyed it. The new characters were cool and interesting and it should be fun to see how they develop along with way.

I haven't watched it. I am trying to not purchase Disney+ and everyone is making it so difficult. :LOL:

I *really* enjoyed it. In the first season, episode 3 tells you everything you need to know about the character and most episodes are strong performers (perhaps with the exception of Chapter 5: The Gunslinger (although that does give you a little tidbit right at the end for you to slather all over)).

Season 2 is consitently strong and plays to its strengths. Fair few meta references (Alien, Gremlins, Conan). Some nice use of characters from other corners of the Star Wars franchise and a series finale that is just sublime in what it gives (if you really struggled with the sequels, I do suggest you watch it for this alone.... but if you've been skimming YouTube clips, you'll probably have robbed yourself of the moment).

And now we have to wait for that most ominous thing in the world of rock and roll... the tricky 3rd album.

I'm hoping we still get to see and hear about Din Djarin in Rangers/Ahsoka/& Book of Boba. Apparently S3 will take place after they tie all the other shows together for something. Thrawn will probably be the new big bad & then the Emperor probably makes an attempted comeback... then whatever snoke is probably eats him... :p

I didn't watch Episode 8 or 9 so...

I'm hoping we still get to see and hear about Din Djarin in Rangers/Ahsoka/& Book of Boba. Apparently S3 will take place after they tie all the other shows together for something. Thrawn will probably be the new big bad & then the Emperor probably makes an attempted comeback... then whatever snoke is probably eats him... :p

I didn't watch Episode 8 or 9 so...

I'm personally interested in the possiility of them doing a JJ (ironic) and using events in Rebels and the Mandalorian to create a "Ahsoka Timeline" (akin to Kelvin Timeline in Trek) - something that doesn't invalidate the sequels for those who *did* enjoy them, but provides a way forward that course corrects for those who really couldn't stomach them.

The onscreen legwork has already been done for this if it is something they want to pursue, in the Rebels episodes: Twilight of the Apprentice (where Ahsoka goes up against Vader in a lightsaber duel and only Vader walks out), and subsequently World Between Worlds. where Ezra enters a portal (much like the Narnia books "wood between worlds"), which results in him pulling Ahsoka out of the past at that point and bringing her into the present.

You could argue that the sequels derive from events that happened in the timeline that existed before Ezra saved Ahsoka (and that this timeline c and new seriesontinues), but that "Ahsoka's very presence has altered the flow of history, beginning with her arrival in Rebels season 4, culminating in the events of the Mandalorian, thereby creating an entire new chain of incidents that cannot be anticipated by any party."

And now we have to wait for that most ominous thing in the world of rock and roll... the tricky 3rd album.

HAHAHAHA! :LOL:

I love this show, but yes the way Season Two ended I am a bit uneasy even though they have given me no reason to doubt them. I was a bit concerned they would stray from the originals more and more, but they have maintained a great level of connection. I SO hope they keep it up. It is amazing how much better this has been than the Sequels. I soooooooooo hope they don't blow it. ;)

I'm personally interested in the possiility of them doing a JJ (ironic) and using events in Rebels and the Mandalorian to create a "Ahsoka Timeline" (akin to Kelvin Timeline in Trek) - something that doesn't invalidate the sequels for those who *did* enjoy them, but provides a way forward that course corrects for those who really couldn't stomach them.

Yeah, this is very interesting. They could very well use The World Between Worlds in the Ahsoka series to explain how the new timeline has been created.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back