• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Li Chen"

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

\"Li Chen\"

Well, I just wanted to say that I am thrilled that there is an asian character particpating in the new movie 'Babylon 5;The Legend of the Rangers' (Li Chen)...I stumbed across the cast and crew list and noticed "Li Chen". I am of asian descent, and I don't mean to harp on this fact, but there are so few asian characters on the North American television scene...that, I am filled with joy, and the huge asian community will be excited too! I am looking forward to hearing who is cast as 'Li Chen'...Thank you Babylon 5...It seems that the science fiction genre incorporates all races...Aliens and humans...as it should be that way!

------------------

Re: \"Li Chen\"

I always liked the way JMS included things such as homosexuality, different religions and ethnicities on his shows in such a way as to make them feel included without ramming it down our throats (unlike Buffy and Angel, where I can't help thinking "oh yeah there's our token minority group (Tara and Willow, Gunn, etc)." every time one appears). Still I did always feel that there were rather too many anglo people on the show - I got the impression though that this wasn't entirely intended, right from the start he tried - with characters such as Kyle and Takashima, and he has stated that he tried to get the best actor for the part (like Daniel Dae Kim playing Matheson, where I don't think he was specifically after an Asian actor), regardless of ethnicity.

------------------
Have you been taking a philosophy course for the martial-artistically challenged?

Back