• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Superman Returns

I think the outfit will be fine. I can't wait to see the movie. Won't be the same w/o Marlon Brando as Jarel, though. :)

I don't know exactly what it is, but I really don't like that costume. It just doesn't look right to me. Maybe it's that particular color of blue they used. It looks too cartoonish.

I don't know exactly what it is, but I really don't like that costume. It just doesn't look right to me. Maybe it's that particular color of blue they used. It looks too cartoonish.

And Superman is NOT a cartoon? :LOL: Many stars paid their dues doing soaps, so the kid may be very good. He is cute! I had never heard of Christopher Reeve till Superman: the Movie, I was familiar with George in fabulous black and white Reeves, the Real Superman :D. Chris did an allright job. :cool: I'll wait till its out before I judge: I could be pleasently surprised. I could be wrong, but, :D I seem to remember that the "S" emblem was a relic from his space arc/ship that his Mother incorporated into his suit. I think that the cloth was Kryptonian as well, as silk, while stylish, wouldn't survive the abuse his suit is put through. Neither would steel :D. Maybe it's organic technology! Any technology that can create the Fortress of Solitude from a single crystal could make a lesser crystal with a fabulous closet! :devil:

I seem to remember that the "S" emblem was a relic from his space arc/ship that his Mother incorporated into his suit.

Krypton used the English alphabet?

If you look at the first two films, the "S" emblem is the sign of Jorel's family...even Brando is wearing it. One should assume that it was not a "s" as in a letter to them but most likely another symbol, a family crest or designation. The other council members wore other such symbols as well, but they weren't letters. It was then insinuated that Lois, seeing what she presumed to be an "s" thought of the Superman for his name. At least, that's how I always saw it, which makes sense.

As for Brando as Jorel, expect to see him! He is apparently being "gumped" into the film in some way. Brando is listed in the cast as Jorel.

CE

Back