• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Shadow Within Pic!!!

Hang on to your original, Dave. As it's now out-of-print, it can only go up in value! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

I'm going to keep my "city of sorrow" original, even when the new one comes out.

I do agree that the new cover is much better. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I like it!

I have to admit, the old covers looked very cheap. I often want to take "Clarke's Law" out of the library, but it looks like a damn comic book.

The only complaint about the cover that I have is John takes a more prominent position on the cover than Anna. To me, the story is more about Anna than about the Agamemnon.

I'll be picking up a copy too, just as a show of sales support. We want to show then that there's an audience for more B5 books don't we?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
. As it's now out-of-print, it can only go up in value!

[/quote]

You really think so, Bester? I like the new cover and was gonna send my old one to a friend in Russia. I can't imagine it fetching more money because of the cover and being original.

Sorry, Mike - I did have a quick look thru the forums but didn't find any previous mention of the new cover. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I can't imagine it fetching more money because of the cover and being original.

[/quote]

These are the reasons the original will go up in value. As any comic collector will tell you, first-prints become increasingly rare and more sought-after when reprints are published. The same goes for books. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

It already is quite expensive and hard to find in the original cover. A quick search on bookfinder.com reveals about 12 (could include duplicates) copies available and ranging in price from $5 to $43 dollars (average being around $25).

However, now that the reprint is coming out, only collectors would be willing to pay a lot for a first edition or the original cover since those who just want to read the book will just buy the reprint. Then again, I am no book dealer so I could be wrong. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I'll also be picking up a copy, to show sales support and because I like the look of the new cover. However, I'm keeping my original copy with the other eight Dell books because it makes a complete Dell set.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back