• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Baptism of Fire

Bester

Regular
I was just reading the the summary of the Claudia Christian novel on amazon.co.uk. I found the following part very interesting:

When Babylon 5 is attacked by an aggressive unknown alien race, the Titans is dispatched to hunt them down.

Could this be a reference to the alien race that attacked B5 in A View from the Gallery? Could be a nice way to tie the novel into the events of S5 (and also a good way to provide a bit of added dimension to the "aliens of the week").

Last edited:
I thought those aliens were deliberately "unknown" because they wanted the story to be about the two characters and their daily lives, rather than be an arc-developing story.

No doubt. And the episode worked fine. But "fleshing out" an alien race that posed such a massive threat can only be a good thing, IMO.

No doubt. And the episode worked fine. But "fleshing out" an alien race that posed such a massive threat can only be a good thing, IMO.

Yeah, they could be tying in to established B5 history. The timeline is certainly right for it - although.... the Whitestars did really clean their chronometers, so this book would be more about taking the fight back to their door and seeking further retribution.

Back