• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Who would you like to see JMS team up with?

JonFrain

Regular
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I would love to see JMS team with David Kemper, the Farscape showrunner, on a project. (Yes I know Rockne O'Bannon wrote the pilot and outlined the show. But he basically handed it over to the team in australia.)

These two shows worked for me for very different reasons. I felt the humor and interpersonal relationships were often very stiff in B5, while Farscape handled them pretty damn well. Farscape just didn't seem to know when they were going overboard with their muppets and storylines, whereas JMS has a better, albeit conservative, sense overall. Farscape also seemed to lead the viewers on and lose sight of where it was going, whereas JMS doesn't suffer from this.

I just get the feeling that something that combined their sensibilities could produce something pretty damn cool. But whether either of them could work in a collaboritave way is another question.

The following special effects houses in re-creating Crusade from scratch, with the same actors, and re-creating all the effects from scratch, in such a way that they are state-of-the-art. Consider the existing Crusade episodes a dress rehersal. ;)

From the three Lord of the Rings movies by Peter Jackson:
Animal Logic (visual effects)
Digital Domain (visual effects: "Ford of Bruinen" sequence)
EYETECH Optics (uncredited)
Hybrid Enterprises
Motion Works (motion capture)
Oktobor (visual effects)
Rhythm & Hues (visual effects)
Rising Sun Pictures (visual effects)
Sandbox Pictures (visual effects)
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Tweak Films (visual effects)
Weta Digital Ltd. (digital visual effects designer and creator)
Weta Workshop Ltd. (special makeup, creatures, armour, weapons and miniatures)

I'd like to see JMS hook up with god. Because I think god could probably get Crusade back on the air and he MIGHT (but not for sure) have enough pull to get a movie made.

No, seriously, I'm just saying..

I'd like to see JMS hook up with god. Because I think god could probably get Crusade back on the air and he MIGHT (but not for sure) have enough pull to get a movie made.

No, seriously, I'm just saying..

Big cheese MBA weilding exec: 'Nope, i'm sorry God, your ideas don't have the pull we need for today's young audience, sorry about that, the whole beard look went out ages ago guys. We are going to fund a sequel to Soul Plane instead of your friend Joes great latest idea...'

And God's response, of course:

"I hope you really, really like locusts."

Big cheese MBA weilding exec (Bonnie Hammer): "Hey, we can always use another locust movie."

Brian Singer. A guy whose Galactica I probably would have preferred to the current one, who produces my favorite medical drama "House, M.D.", and who can film serious drama with a guy sporting hair like a wolverine. X3 will likely suffer from his absence, but really, who could refuse Superman?

Or maybe, Joss Whedan. Just for his ability to get a canceled sci-fi show onto the big screen fully intact.

Latest posts

Members online

Back