• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: And The Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place

Interludes And Examinations

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
This one I like. The tension keeps right on increasing, and the ending sequence is downright creepy.

Creepy? :confused: It was great!! IIRC it was the first collaberation between Londo and G'kar since the fall of Narn, and showed Londo "waking up" from his nightmares and begin to deal with the consequences of his actions. Lots of great foreshadowing and I personally loved the way the end tied in to the title by interspersing the music with the message. A definite "A" from me.

I loved this episode. Refa's snobbery and smug demeanor was ever-present... until the very end, when he realized "I'm about to get my arms torn off by a bunch of pissed off narns." NO HIDING PLACE ON THE MOUNTAIN! YEAHHHHHH

Does no one care that he was actually innocent of the crime he was killed for? No? :)

Nope. :D The only crime of which he was innocent of from Londo's monologue was Adira's death, which the Narn could care less about. Mass drivers and internment camps however, they had a keen interest in. :devil:

Does no one care that he was actually innocent of the crime he was killed for? No? :)

Nope. :D The only crime of which he was innocent of from Londo's monologue was Adira's death, which the Narn could care less about. Mass drivers and internment camps however, they had a keen interest in. :devil:

I really need to rewatch the series. I can't remember, either. Wasn't it Londo who ordered the attack on Narn? But he didn't order the atrocities?

Londo did not order the attack on Narn. When Refa told Londo about what he was going to do, Londo was horrified. But he went along with it. And after that, he decided they had already reached the point of no return, so that when the inevitable post-mass-driver occupation atrocities were occuring, he knew about them and did his part, beaurocratically, to make them happen. He explains this to Vir when he rubbed it all in the face of that new Narn envoy who was sent to B5 for one episode (a favorite scene of mine).

The theme of remaining silent is repeated when Cartagia rips out G'Kar's eye, but that time in a more abstract and personal way.

Excellant episode bringing about the end of Refa, he was killed of course for the wrong reason.Refa I think in the end got what he deserved he did bomb the Narn homeworld with mass drivers .

Ah, right. Of course. Thanks.

So why do you say he was innocent of the crime then? (Refa?)

Londo had him killed because Morden told him that Refa killed her, when of course it was Morden who did it in order to get Londo working for the Shadows again. Londo told the Narn that he was reponsible for the horrors against them so that they'd have a personal (and therefore much more violent) stake in assassinating Refa, and that part was true.

A very powerful ep, a personal favorite, in my top five. The cutting between the church service, and the end of Refa, with the gospel song over all, is compelling, and brilliant!

The other lie was on the data crystal. Refa had not betrayed the Centauri to the Narns.

That, as the saying goes, was just gravy! :D It ensured the fall of house Refa and strengthened the position of house Mollari.

Another point is that Refa was attempting to ally himself with the Shadows, something Mollari could not allow.

Latest posts

Members online

Back