• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Big news from JMS by late June or so

hypatia

Regular
As usual he isn't saying much, but sounding quite mysterious: :)

Keep an eye on the Hollywood trades for the coming week. (It could
slop over into the following week, but I doubt it.)

One of the biggest things to happen to my career is about to happen.

jms

:eek: :beer:

Hmm.... why do i get that TMOS feeling again?

Still, i'm sure its good...

No, don't go there (TMoS). Keep your hopes way, waaay down. Probably has nothing to do with B5 or Crusade, and if it did, it would blow up in our faces before it ever actually became available to us, or it'd turn out to be another B5:TLaDiS.

Well it is about time to hear about the show in someone else's universe that he's writing the whole first season of before filming actually begins. So, perhaps it's time to hear about that (If I didn't mix up snippets and combine them when they were supposed to be seperate). Also seems to be about time to start hearing details about the Star Wars series, so, who knows maybe they are all the very same thing and we'll about it soon.

Oh, yea, I'm sure if it were B5-related he'd have dropped a hint. Instead all he said was that this is going to be big for his career. :cool:

Perhaps its even comic-book related. But I hope it's something in the way of television sci-fi.

Oh, yea, I'm sure if it were B5-related he'd have dropped a hint. Instead all he said was that this is going to be big for his career. :cool:

Perhaps its even comic-book related. But I hope it's something in the way of television sci-fi.

I gotta think it won't be just writing more comics, since he said "One of the biggest...", so if it's comic related, it's gotta be like a Big Screen Movie or becoming a CEO or something.

I'm not even sure a TV series would fall into his quote, unless it's a really big, sought after project.

I'm not even sure a TV series would fall into his quote

It would have to be a primetime gig on a major American broadcast network - something with the visibility of Lost, or CSI.

A really big feature film would be another possiblity, or a medium to big film with a big star or director attached. (Maybe he's writing The Hobbit for Peter Jackson. ;))

Regards,

Joe

You know....I dunno where i heard this from....But I do think it has something to do with a Lost spin off...Lost In Space? Hahaha, just kidding.....*scratches head as I try to recall*

I don't think it's B5 related,but I hope it's a Sci Fi tv show...haha

Good news for Joe, what is it about exactly? And just cause its been purchased, will it ever see the light of day?

Still, it must help pay them bills! :beer:

JMS's post regarding the announcement:

Title: from jms the announcement
Author: jmsatb5@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:48:37 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <1151482133.783806.232840@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>

It appeared on June 27th, front page of Variety. To quote the relevant
section:

"Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment have purchased J. Michael
Straczynski's thriller "The Changeling," which is being eyed by Ron
Howard to direct.
Project, to be produced by Brian Grazer, joins the shortlist of pics
Howard is considering as his next endeavor.

Story, billed as based on actual events, is about a mother who prays
for the return of her kidnapped son. When her prayers are answered,
however, she begins to suspect the boy who comes back is not her
child."

It is, without question, the biggest deal I've ever made, and with Ron
directing (everyone is talking about it as though he's going to do it,
though that has not been stated officially by anyone), and it moves me
from being marginally known in the film business right into the
catetory of a-list writer overnight, which parallels what happened with
Akiva Goldman. I'm thrilled that Ron is involved, because I've always
thought he had amazing story sense and he's one of the directors I most
regard in this business.

Those involved were great in the deal making, and this stands to be a
huge movie.

jms

Classic JMS in that post there Jan....talking like its practically a done deal. Boy that sounds familiar doesn't it folks?

I think its a cool bit of news and publicity for him and I congratulate him on it. As far as if it will be made, I echo the above comments of "who knows."

That the script was sold *is* a done deal. When and whether it gets made is up to the vagaries of Hollywood.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back