• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Anyone still watching Lost?

Ok time for my completely wacky-ass crazy guess, so that in the extremely slim chance I'm right I'll look like a genius.

Frank the pilot is somehow the puppet master in all this. He's like some kind of super-powerful being.

Hmmmmmm. Then again, maybe he's just a cosmic door stop.

Ouch :D

Spoiler for Interview after last week's show/Assumption/spoiler Lapidus:

In an interview after this week's epsiode aired, Darlton (1 or both of them) talked about how sad the 3 deaths were. We know Sun and Jin for sure, Sayid has got to be for sure, so does that mean Lapidus got out afterall? Or were they just ignoring his death, since he's not an original character?

I don't know...

After last week's episode, I think Frank was just a cool tag-along character. ;)

Does anyone else laugh every time someone calls him Lapedis (sp?) on the show? It sounds like something else....and makes me laugh every time.

Ok time for my completely wacky-ass crazy guess, so that in the extremely slim chance I'm right I'll look like a genius.

Frank the pilot is somehow the puppet master in all this. He's like some kind of super-powerful being.

What happened to Frank in the last episode and how come no-one asked about him once the Sub went down?

Also was anyone else waiting for Sun to tell Jin to go so he could go and look after their daughter?

Looks like they are gearing up for the conclusion now. Do they have enough episodes left to do this satisfactorily?

Edited to add: For some reaosn I didn't see either of the two posts beofre mine.

Also was anyone else waiting for Sun to tell Jin to go so he could go and look after their daughter?

Yes.

I admit I was absolutely stunned that they just wiped out 3 of the original, main characters like that. I promised myself I would never allow myself to be surprised by any deaths in a show that involves resurrection, time travel and demonic possession, but 3, in two commercial breaks... damn.

I have a lot of things planned for today, including sports, work and women, but mostly I look forward to capping it all off with tonight's new episode of Lost. Does that make me lame?

well that was, um... interesting.

Yup. Interesting. Definitely shakes up the notion of who's good and who's bad. Amazingly they didn't really answer the island question which makes me think they never will.

Spoilers:
Jacob's actual brother is dead but what is the smoke monster and how is he related to Jacob's brother. Does he contain his memories? Is it his brother in a new form?

Yup. Interesting. Definitely shakes up the notion of who's good and who's bad. Amazingly they didn't really answer the island question which makes me think they never will.

Spoilers:
Jacob's actual brother is dead but what is the smoke monster and how is he related to Jacob's brother. Does he contain his memories? Is it his brother in a new form?

He's not dead - their "Mom" made it so they can't die of natural causes, or kill each other - he's just been removed from his body. The body died, not the (evil) spirit.

Definitely he remembers things, since he's recently made reference in 'modern' times to his crazy mother, difficult childhood, and 'the people who once lived here used to build wells when they found magnetic anomolies' (Paraphrased)

Well, with a comment like that, I couldn't help but to be curious. So, I went to Wikipedia to read its synopsis, and then to Slate to read the commentaries of Seth Stevenson, Jack Shafer, and Chadwick Matlin.

My conclusion: this show's batshitcrazy.

Yes. Let the disappoint begin.

I love how they made it a point to flashback at the end of the episode with the two bodies, to that Season 1 episode where Jack and Kate found "the islands own Adam and Eve." What they didn't cut back to was the part where Jack had said that given the deterioration of the clothing they had been there at least 40-50 years.

Except its clear from this weeks episode they were there a LOT longer.

Just more proof that they hadn't thought anything out, and made up a bunch of weird shit to get people interested without a plan to ever bring it together.

I don't need EVERYTHING explained. I don't want everything explained. I'm OK with what I know so far about the Smoke Monster. But I'm expecting an absolute cop-out for the finale of this show. It will make the finale of BSG look brilliant (which, personally I didnt mind as all they didnt explain was Starbuck and I found myself not caring).

Just more proof that they hadn't thought anything out, and made up a bunch of weird shit to get people interested without a plan to ever bring it together.

But who's claiming that they did plan anything out?

My favourite quote from this last episode:

Every question I answer will simply lead to another question

:LOL:

I gave up on the notion that they might have a "plan" a long time ago, so I won't be too annoyed by a shitty series finale. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that B5 was, infact, unique when it comes to this whole "knowing what the hell you're doing" thing, and that I will never love a show like I loved it again (kind of a recurring theme in my life)

Though I do find it .. a combination of amusing and lame that they're going to great lengths to (badly) explain great big mysteries from season 1, that everyone has forgotten about.

But who's claiming that they did plan anything out?

The writers have been, since day one. The entire premise and format of the show, and their hook to get viewers in, is based on getting answers to the mysteries they have set up.

Yeah, I've read similar comments that they have had a lot of it mapped out. Rewatching things with my husband has been enlightening. I'm catching things I missed before that are tying up from previous seasons. :)

...I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that B5 was, infact, unique when it comes to this whole "knowing what the hell you're doing" thing, and that I will never love a show like I loved it again (kind of a recurring theme in my life)....

I know I probably sound annoying being the big ass fan of it that I am, but Avatar The Last Airbender was like Babylon 5 in the aspect of having a big plan from the beginning -- a three season plan, which is why each season is called a "book" (officially called a "book" on screen from the very first episode), as in it's a "trilogy". They planned for three seasons and they kept to it.

Yup, Avatar even had in its plan a mysterious, moving island in two of its final episodes, the solution of said mystery had been casually mentioned a few times previous in the show, you just don't realize it (unless you're a good guesser) until the solution is spelled out for you.

Yeah, I've read similar comments that they have had a lot of it mapped out. Rewatching things with my husband has been enlightening. I'm catching things I missed before that are tying up from previous seasons. :)

The problem is, how many of those things are actually relevant to the story, and how many of those things were just made up to make the island mysterious and keep viewers chasing the carrot being dangled in front of them. It wasn't as well planned out as they maintained, and in the next two weeks I suspect we will find out just how poorly planned out it was.

The only interview I read with the producers or writers or whoever that I can remember said that the characters were what counted, not the details of the mysteries.

Whatever who cares what they said. Heck if we insisting on comparing to B5, I've even read things that JMS claim about his own show and its "planning" that I didn't believe, just weren't logical, and that really was a show that was planned out.

Though I think the creators were right when they said it was about characters, though not, for me, in the way they meant. I tried watching a few episodes of Flash Forward and couldn't get into it just because the people in it were boring and lame. No one cool like Lock or Sawyer, and that's also a show with big mysteries, that may or may not be "planned out" or whatever.

I'm not comparing the show to B5 by any stretch. What I am saying is that the entire concept of the show since its viral marketing (ala JJ Abrams) was about the island and its mysteries, and there was constant online communication from the writers about how everything has a purpose and meaning.

That was their hook to get people into the show. That is what 90% of the people who got into the show got into it for --- not just the show itself, but all the viral websites that popped up so fans could read more into the mysteries and try to figure things out.

The fact it was all based on bullshit really cheats the viewers. Now sure, you could argue that the show is more about the characters than the story. But you can say that about most television these days. I'm sure the writers now want to say "its more about the characters" because they know it sure can't be about the mythology of the island. But the fact they used the mystery of the island and the constant dangling carrot as a way to string viewers along is pretty poor.

no...the writers specifically said they DID NOT HAVE ANY PLOT PLANS.

it was random...if they got an idea - OH OK that sounds good lets do that...oh lets bring back that dead character!

However with the last season - oh now they decided to tie things up.

its the same shit BSG writers did...oh how do we end this??

BADLY! with loose ends so that the fans won't notice.

BTW, the season finale will be on SUNDAY not TUESDAY!

What I am saying is that the entire concept of the show since its viral marketing (ala JJ Abrams) was about the island and its mysteries, and there was constant online communication from the writers about how everything has a purpose and meaning.

the writers specifically said they DID NOT HAVE ANY PLOT PLANS.

What are you guys doing, writing for Lost?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back