• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Trek XI Set for Xmas 2008 release

Which is why the next (and last) time we see Picard playing his flute (in the cleverly titled but otherwise stupid "A Fist Full of Datas), he's practicing a Mozart piece.

I am both a Trek fan AND a Shatner fan. I love his silly singing, and his cameo appearances on TV and movies, and his turn in Free Enterprise, and thank God for him making that piece of shit Miss Congeniality that a gf made me sit through slightly tolerable. Not enough entertainers exhibit the exuberance, passion and humor he does these days. And like Recoil said, that was crucial to Trek, something the newer incarnations completely lacked.

I liked him in Showtime to, when he says of Robert DeNiro's character, "That is the WORST actor I've ever seen."

I recently also saw Shatner's more famous Twilight Zone appearance, Nightmare at 20,000 feet. His hamminess was even more enjoyable than it was as Captain Kirk :eek:

There's nothing quite like a Twilight Zone episode. And yea, that's the one everyone remembers.

There is another that was mentioned, with a penny-for-your-fortune box. And he did at least one Outer Limits episode "Cold Hands, Warm Heart". He's campy in all of them. :)

But have you ever seen him in "Brothers Karamazov"? At one point, at least, the man knew how to act. :LOL:

And people forget he's even in "Judgement at Nuremberg", because his roll and performance are just what they should be: kind of background.

Cameos with him and Nimoy would be great. But it's a very BAD sign when a franchise like Star Trek is so completely out of new ideas that it can't even conceive of doing stories in the future. They appear to fear trying anything really new.

There's nothing quite like a Twilight Zone episode. And yea, that's the one everyone remembers.

There is another that was mentioned, with a penny-for-your-fortune box. And he did at least one Outer Limits episode "Cold Hands, Warm Heart". He's campy in all of them. :)

But have you ever seen him in "Brothers Karamazov"? At one point, at least, the man knew how to act. :LOL:

And people forget he's even in "Judgement at Nuremberg", because his roll and performance are just what they should be: kind of background.

QUOTE]

He was also in the Twilight Zone episode with the fortune telling machine in the diner. Judgment at Nuremburg (or Nurnberg for you Deutche out there) shows the true power of the Shat. He played his role, basically Spencer Tracy's valet and secretary, as if he were the star of the film. There are no small roles, only small actors.

I must confess, I want to see STAR TREK (no suffix) return, even with a new cast. I want big, bold, splashy, in-your-face entertainment reminiscent of the original program, and I want it on a 70 foot movie screen.

I think Paramount tended to neglect their star property, believing it could survive even if not tended. Well, they've learned otherwise, and as part of their contract with JJ Abrams, he made it clear he wanted Star Trek. The man is a fan and will treat the property with the energy and respect it deserves. Casting will be crucial, but if they find the right guys for the job, we'll stop comparing them to Shatner (not Matt Damon, please), Nimoy, and Kelley after about 30-40 minutes.

I want my STAR TREK back, and I want my Enterprise: NCC-1701, no bloody A, B, C, or D.

He was also in the Twilight Zone episode with the fortune telling machine in the diner. Judgment at Nuremburg (or Nurnberg for you Deutche out there)

Though I'm not DeutSch myself .. NurembErg seems better as Nurnberg - NÜrnberg would be even better though :D

(Do I get the "most anal poster" award now? Please? Please? Pretty please? :D )

As for the return of original Trek .. I would be curious to see if they'd handle the retro-factor better in this prequel than on Enterprise - which really didn't much manage it. Not that I'm too big a Prequel fan or anything ...

He was also in the Twilight Zone episode with the fortune telling machine in the diner.

That's what I meant by the "penny-for-your-fortune" episode.

It's true he doesn't lay back in his role in this movie. None of the supporting actors do. What makes this film so great is an amazing script with an even more amazing cast, I'd say. So no, he had to make sure he had some style to it. But he hardly acts "Kirk-like" in it.

And I am not quite sure what his job actually is. He swears in witnesses, wouldn't that make him a court... something? And yet he seems to be aid to Spencer Tracy's character the judge.

I admit, that detail confuses me. :LOL: :eek:

How is Shatner "hammy" in the Twilight Zone airplane ep? The character sees evil teddy bear creatures destroying a plane he's on while it's up in the air. How is one supposed to act- calm and collected and reasonable. I mean, I guess that's how a character played by Patrick Stewart would act... zzzzzz....

:p

It's his expressions which seem hammy in that episode. But then, it's supposed to be a kind of hammy episode.

Though I'm not DeutSch myself .. NurembErg seems better as Nurnberg - NÜrnberg would be even better though :D

(Do I get the "most anal poster" award now? Please? Please? Pretty please? :D )

As for the return of original Trek .. I would be curious to see if they'd handle the retro-factor better in this prequel than on Enterprise - which really didn't much manage it. Not that I'm too big a Prequel fan or anything ...

Hey, I've got an Anglo keyboard and, in all fairness, I misspell plenty of American words.

It's true he doesn't lay back in his role in this movie. None of the supporting actors do. What makes this film so great is an amazing script with an even more amazing cast, I'd say. So no, he had to make sure he had some style to it. But he hardly acts "Kirk-like" in it. /QUOTE]

No, not Kirk like, per se. It's hard to be Kirk like when you're asking how much starch ol' Spence wants in his shirts, but he does give off quite a presence. Of course, it could easily be attributed to standing in the room with so many huge Hollywood stars at one time. He may have been glowing with pride which resulted in his continually looking pleased with himself.

How is Shatner "hammy" in the Twilight Zone airplane ep?

There .. is ..SOMEBODY OUT THERE .. on the .. WING!!!

Hey, "hammy" isn't an insult in my book. He was absolutely brilliant in it. It was the perfect part for him.

There .. is ..SOMEBODY OUT THERE .. on the .. WING!!!

Hey, "hammy" isn't an insult in my book. He was absolutely brilliant in it. It was the perfect part for him.

His actions seemed perfectly reasonable under the circumstances.
Lithgow was REALLY crazy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back