• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Best of B5 CD

I have now taken delivery of the "Best of Babylon 5" CD from Sonic Images, and I have to say it is really rather good.

As someone who bought the OST and "Messages from Earth" but not the episodic CDs there is plenty of new stuff on there (including the S5 theme which I rather liked
smile.gif
).

In addition, there is a six minute "bonus" track of music from the "Into the Fire" PC game.

Well worth a listen, especially at $9.99 + shipping, which is a steal for a Brit used to paying around £15 for an album

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

What might the link to this sonic images be?

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Sonic Images is Christopher Franke's own record label, from whom you can obtain all the B5 soundtracks, episodic CDs and the Crusade soundtrack by Evan Chen.

The URL is http://www.sonicimages.com.

Or you could just click here.

ENJOY!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

I have that CD too. I got mine free with a CD-Rom from Sierra. The CD-Rom is called "The Official Guide to J Michael Staczynski's Babylon 5".

I very much enjoy the "Best of B5" CD. I have 13 B5 CD's altogether, and I like that one and Vols. 1+2 the most.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Do any of them have the first song sung by Cailyn in "Walkabout?" It was a great song and it was nice to know that they still have good bluesy tunes in the 23rd century...
cool.gif

I just saw on the Lurker's Guide that JMS wrote it...what a guy!

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

[This message has been edited by wipster (edited December 18, 2001).]

Wipster,

I don't know if there has been a release of the music from the episode "Walkabout", but if there has, Cailyn's song might be on it. I know it is not on Vols. 1 or 2 or the Best of CD.

------------------

RW (nice initials, mine too
smile.gif
),

Thanks for the info. I know there is a soundtrack for the "Walkabout" episode, and that the last song (played during the credits) is on it, but I don't know about the first song...anybody out there have a copy?

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

I got my CD. At the wiredest places. The Offical store for Red-necks "Wal-Mart". Yep at Wal-Mart. I had to pay $12.99. Even some of the Big Music stores in Malls and Fred Meyer didnt have them. Only Wal-Mart.

------------------
Webmaster for B5:A2
Babylon 5: Armada II
A MOD for Star Trek: Armada II
http://www.tgu.org.uk/users/babylon5/

Does anybody have the best of b5 cd AND Vol 1 and 2. I have volumes 1 and 2 and I don't want to get best of b5 if too much is the same. Judging by the track listings, it seems as if its the same stuff on vol 1 and 2.

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Does anybody have the best of b5 cd AND Vol 1 and 2. I have volumes 1 and 2 and I don't want to get best of b5 if too much is the same. Judging by the track listings, it seems as if its the same stuff on vol 1 and 2.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I do! To be fair there is a fair amount of the same stuff, but the bits that are not on Vols 1&2, such as the S5 theme, the stuff from Severed Dreams, the wonderful track from SiL as B5 is blown to Smithereens and the "Bonus" track, are well worth the duplication.

If you have the CDs for the episodes in question though it is probably questionable.

Hope this helps!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

Yeah, the Best of CD does have some of the same music that is on the other CD's, but as Garibaldi'sHair mentioned it does have stuff that is not on the other ones. For example, there are two cool tracks on it that were supposed to go along with the CDRom game that Sierra was producing, then cancelled.

But I really like the CD. I think it is excellent.

------------------

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited December 19, 2001).]

Ok,

Did I miss something? I checked that whole site, and didn't see the 'Best of B5 CD' listed anywhere
crazy.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Here is a link that will take you straight to the page with the "Best of Babylon 5" CD on it at Sonic Images.

Click me.

Otherwise, if you go to the Sonic Images homepage and then click on the B/W Sonic Images Records logo (the centre one of the top three, this will get you to the same place.

Happy hunting.

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

Wipster, I just checked on Amazon and as far as I have been able to figure out (mind you I've haven't gotten further than "Messages from Earth" in the third season, so I haven't seen the "Walkabout" episode yet) there are 2 songs in that episode. One called "Goodbye" that's on the CD and one called "All of me" that's also on the CD.

Unless I've missed something that should answer your question.

And no, I didn't just check because I've nothing better to do ...
laugh.gif

------------------

Fanboy,

Thanks for checking..."Goodbye" could be the song I'm thinking about. Unfortunately, that's not one that Amazon lets you listen to. I might just have to buy it anyway!

Oh, and BTW, I DO have nothing better to do...LOL!

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

[This message has been edited by wipster (edited December 22, 2001).]

I think this might be the source of the rumors.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> ...and when I decided to do a show with a singer for B5, I wrote a couple of songs for that one, with Chris Franke providing the music.

They're bluesy, Billie Holliday kinds of songs, updated slightly. I'm actually very pleased with how they came out (Erica Gimpel, one of the cast members from Fame, plays the part and sings the songs). Several folks around here want either or both songs to come out on the next B5 album, but I"m loathe to do so, on the theory that the soundtracks work better in the style we've already used, all instrumental. (There've even been some inquiries from music people who've heard the songs about releasing them commercially, but that would mean adding about 30 seconds to each song to make them airplay compatible, and I'm not sure I want to take on the extra hassle just now.)
jms <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Back