• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Foundation Imaging

The Crusade - War Zone" thread has had some discussion regarding the changeover between Foundation Imaging and Netter Digital as FX producer at the end of S3. This lead me to go have a look for Foundation Imaging on the web, as they have been involved with some cool CG shows as well as B5.

However, where are they? The URL given for their own website ( www.foundation-i.com ) is inactive and now given over to one of those link sites that pops up where once were living websites, and the only other links I can come up with through Google are a couple of bits on the NewTek website and some B5 related stuff.

I was under the impression that Foundation were still rolling (Captain Scarlett and all that), so it seems odd that their website would have just disappeared like that. I'm not saying that it is weird that they don't have a website (although I would have thought that an EFX house would find a use for one to offer a showcase of their work), but that they would have had one and allowed it to go black.

Are they still in operation?

That's a shame if true - they really were early pioneers in the field, and Ron Thornton and others were always quick to credit B5 and JMS for the vision to go with CGI in such a big way and for the other doors it opened for them in the industry.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back