B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 17th 09, 06:42   #1
vacantlook

V

As a "limited 'event' series", V is going to be remade by ABC. "Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost's Juliet) and Alan Tudyk (Dollhouse's Alpha) will be leading the human resistance, while Tudyk's Firefly co-star Morena Baccarin will play the leader of the alien forces."
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th 09, 15:16   #2
Alluveal
Psi Cop

Re: V

Morena Baccarin as the "Diana" character? (well unnamed leader of the aliens.) Interesting choice!

Happy to see two good peeps playing the other parts, Juliet/Wash.

Interesting! I'm not sure they can make it as "fun" as the first one. The original was just so funny in some parts.
Alluveal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th 09, 20:25   #3
Recoil
First One

Ive got mixed feelings on this. First off, I LOVED the original Miniseries V. Extremely well done. Definitely played up the pre-World War II politics, among other things. Casting was good, writing was better. Im concerned naturally that this remake wont at all live up to the original.

That all said, I thought V: The Final Battle was really, REALLY cheesy. The original creator of the first mini had nothing to do with it, and whoever they got came up with some crap plot and hoakey storylines to end the series with some deus ex machina super girl. Pretty lame.

I think they have a decent cast lined up for this retelling, but I so enjoy the original, Ill have a tough time enjoying this new one more. Every year or two I like to dust it off and watch it. In fact, maybe Ill go do that now.
Old May 18th 09, 23:17   #4
Ranger1
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Ive got mixed feelings on this. First off, I LOVED the original Miniseries V. Extremely well done. Definitely played up the pre-World War II politics, among other things. Casting was good, writing was better. Im concerned naturally that this remake wont at all live up to the original.

That all said, I thought V: The Final Battle was really, REALLY cheesy. The original creator of the first mini had nothing to do with it, and whoever they got came up with some crap plot and hoakey storylines to end the series with some deus ex machina super girl. Pretty lame.

I think they have a decent cast lined up for this retelling, but I so enjoy the original, Ill have a tough time enjoying this new one more. Every year or two I like to dust it off and watch it. In fact, maybe Ill go do that now.
Don't say anything against "The Final Battle", it had Ham Tyler goddammit.

"when ejaculating, it is considered gentlemanly to avoid the eyes"

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
Ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 09, 00:06   #5
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Sounds enticing. Despite the Cheez, I enjoyed all of V: The first Mini, The Final Battle, and V-The Series

Morena Baccaran was cool in Stargate SG-1, so I think she'd make a great Diana character
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 09, 04:47   #6
Alluveal
Psi Cop

Wasn't she also Inara in Firefly? I didn't realize she was in Stargate...
Alluveal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 09, 05:41   #7
Recoil
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluveal View Post
Yes to both. She was in the last Season of SG1, and the movie Ark of Truth that took place shortly after that last season. She was good in the show, acting wise, but the show had long since jumped the shark story wise.
Old May 19th 09, 11:24   #8
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

I saw the first and some of the last years ago. I agree it did tend to cheese up at the end, so possibly worth the remake treatment. But for crying out loud, lets all try something new that is not based on an existing franchise, movie book or whatever.

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 09, 16:22   #9
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluveal View Post
Sorry, I figured after your mention of Wash, Firefly was a "No-Brainer", plus Inarra was a different type of character. In Stargate, she was an evil powerful leader of the final major enemy in the series, so the role of a Diana character would be similar in some aspects.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th 09, 09:24   #10
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Clipsies:

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/first-l...for-a.php#more

The alien chick looks way to skinny to eat a Guinea Pig ...

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote