B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 9th 09, 21:57   #161
Markas
His Majesty

Send a message via MSN to Markas
Re: Star Trek (SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by for the one View Post
Actually the Enterprise show, (and yes I know many don't recognize it or like it), showed Reman in the background in many scenes on the planet Romulus. It was in the romulan trilogy:
[COLOR=#ccccff]Babel One[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ccccff]United[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ccccff]The Aenar[/COLOR]
Sooo yeah, if you only saw Star Trek Nemesis I can understand why you'd never heard about anything about Remus; or even for that matter it's people.
Enterprise was not great but got better toward the end, or so I have been told. I stopped watching it in S2. However, are you saying that they showed Remus in the background of Enterprise episodes?

And PLEASE, I am begging you to resist using the color tags. I have noticed them in several of your posts and they are obviously not working properly. Thanks.
Old June 9th 09, 22:35   #162
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markas View Post
Enterprise was not great but got better toward the end, or so I have been told. I stopped watching it in S2. However, are you saying that they showed Remus in the background of Enterprise episodes?

And PLEASE, I am begging you to resist using the color tags. I have noticed them in several of your posts and they are obviously not working properly. Thanks.
Agreed S1 and S2 left alot to be desired. S3, wasn't too bad, but, the season long Xindi Arc got old before it ended. S4, however, was really quite good, and was what the show should've been all along, IMHO.

Haven't seen S4 in quite some time, but, if I remember correctly, they did have a Romulan arc for a few episodes, but, they kept the Romulans and Humans separated, since Humans never saw Romulans until Balance of Terror.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th 09, 09:02   #163
for the one
Ambassador

Quote:
No just the Reman. Atleast from what episodes I've scene any way. Still it recognized the existance of the race. Even if we didn't actually see their homeworld.

Quote:
Is it not supposed to show the color tag markers on each side? Hmmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
Agreed S1 and S2 left alot to be desired. S3, wasn't too bad, but, the season long Xindi Arc got old before it ended. S4, however, was really quite good, and was what the show should've been all along, IMHO.
I totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
Haven't seen S4 in quite some time, but, if I remember correctly, they did have a Romulan arc for a few episodes, but, they kept the Romulans and Humans separated, since Humans never saw Romulans until Balance of Terror.
You are correct.

CCC CCC CCC
CCCCC CCCCC C
CCC C CCC C C
C C C c
C CCC C
C C

CCCCCCCCC cccccccc
CCCCCCCCC cc
CCCCCCC CC

ccccc
ccccc
cccccccc
cccccccc
(My version of a 8 bit Atari 2600 Terminator)

Last edited by for the one; June 10th 09 at 09:07. Reason: SP CK
for the one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th 09, 18:20   #164
Markas
His Majesty

Quote:
No just the Reman. Atleast from what episodes I've scene any way. Still it recognized the existance of the race. Even if we didn't actually see their homeworld.
Thanks for explaining this. I didn't know they made any reference to someone from Remus in any Trek series.

Quote:
Is it not supposed to show the color tag markers on each side? Hmmmmm.
If you look at the text of yours that I quoted, those tags should be invisible and the text should be a different color. Antony disabled most of those font functions here.
Old June 11th 09, 00:00   #165
for the one
Ambassador

Quote:
Thanks for explaining this. I didn't know they made any reference to someone from Remus in any Trek series. .
Your welcome as always friend.

Quote:
If you look at the text of yours that I quoted, those tags should be invisible and the text should be a different color. Antony disabled most of those font functions here.
Okay question: If I delete the tags on both sides if it's not posting right, will the link still allow people to go to it?

CCC CCC CCC
CCCCC CCCCC C
CCC C CCC C C
C C C c
C CCC C
C C

CCCCCCCCC cccccccc
CCCCCCCCC cc
CCCCCCC CC

ccccc
ccccc
cccccccc
cccccccc

Last edited by for the one; June 11th 09 at 00:01. Reason: SP CK
Old June 11th 09, 00:20   #166
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli

Quote:
Okay question: If I delete the tags on both sides if it's not posting right, will the link still allow people to go to it?
Yes.

Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th 09, 08:27   #167
for the one
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Yes.
Thanks Chili.

CCC CCC CCC
CCCCC CCCCC C
CCC C CCC C C
C C C c
C CCC C
C C

CCCCCCCCC cccccccc
CCCCCCCCC cc
CCCCCCC CC

ccccc
ccccc
cccccccc
cccccccc
Old June 12th 09, 04:46   #168
Recoil
First One

Quote:
A few personal observations:

* I thought Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk was excellent casting. He looked enough like Pine and had enough of a similar Kirk bravado to be believable.
Returning to this thread finally. Glad to see Markas saw this and had a similar opinion. Ignore the plot, enjoy the movie. I also wanted to add I also thought the role of George Kirk was played perfectly and cast perfectly as well. Not only for capturing the "bravado" as you put it of a Kirk, but for his likeness to Chris Pine.

I also returned to change a prior comment of mine. When I first posted in here my opinion of the movie and the plot and the time travel and all the big changes / alternate universe stuff they did...I posted that it wasn't necessary. That it would have been fine by me to just call it a "re-imagining" and that they didn't and shouldn't have tossed the time traveling and changing history stuff into it. Well...I've changed camps on that.

Not for my purposes though. I think the key thing I posted before was that *I* didn't need to see any of that stuff to be able to take it as a re-imagining. I couldn't care less. But from what I have seen since this movie came out....some of which in this very thread (people trying to explain how the plot works with Star Trek Enterprise and the like) I have come to the conclusion that it was VERY NECESSARY to do that to a large bulk of hardcore fans.

I'll admit, at first I didn't see a reason or a need. I see it now and why they did it.
Old June 12th 09, 21:15   #169
Markas
His Majesty

I do need to see it again. I may again concur with Recoil's new take on the time travel plot points. I also find that I get really nitpicky about shows that I am devoted to. I know it is a personality flaw that I have that I won't suspend disbelief as much with Star Trek or Babylon 5.

The producers, director and writers were trying to make most of the old fans happy and to create a new franchise that will make Paramount a few more billion dollars. I will try to keep that in mind in the future.
Old June 13th 09, 22:54   #170
B5_Obsessed
First One

Quote:
I should say something snarky here, but I will avoid it.
You already did when you said "And we know this how?" after I took the time to post information and explained where each piece was coming from.

Quote:
As far as I am concerned, comic book tie-ins and what the writer said off the cuff isn't in the story itself.
I've never heard someone refuse to accept a writer's input on his own material before. The comic story was written by Orci and Kurtzman in an effort to flesh out the story (and make money, no doubt) and the comments were from Orci. Aside from the Rura Penthe stuff, none of this will ever be filmed and as such will not meet some people's strict interpretation of canon. But it is what it is and if you don't accept it, you've got nothing at all. By this thinking, no one would have bought the jms script books and no one would have ever bothered to ask him a question.

Quote:
It is just plain sloppy in my opinion.
I agree. But the fact that the movie was probably written in crayon does not change the fact that this is the official story from now on.

Last edited by B5_Obsessed; June 13th 09 at 23:40.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote