B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 31st 09, 02:39   #131
for the one
Ambassador

Re: Star Trek (SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
B5TV is a website dedicated to a show which was hardly for children. As such, little children have no business, and no reason, to be reading threads here, any discussion on the show this whole board is about will be unsuitable for kids by default, and it's not something posters need to think about when writing their posts. One is legally not allowed to be here under the age of 13.

Which is to say .. S%&@, P#^&, F!@#, C&*@, C#%()!#, M&^*!)(!~ and T%$!#.
Okay I'm ultra confused here if this is norm then why bother with the [COLOR=#99ccff]NC-17 adult chat forum[/COLOR] ?

CCC CCC CCC
CCCCC CCCCC C
CCC C CCC C C
C C C c
C CCC C
C C

CCCCCCCCC cccccccc
CCCCCCCCC cc
CCCCCCC CC

ccccc
ccccc
cccccccc
cccccccc
(My version of a 8 bit Atari 2600 Terminator)
for the one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st 09, 02:58   #132
for the one
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_librarian View Post
From a creative point of view, this was basically a neccessity. Trek was dying under the weight of its own continuity, and a vocal but minor section of the fanbase was dragging the whole thing down by requiring that it was constantly adhered to, which was unworkable and a bit silly.

With this gone, screen-writers can be free from all of that, and a good thing too.

What I don't want to see is slightly naff rehashes. I mentioned Kahn earlier, but It would be good to see them try some really new stuff. Although Ricky Gervais or Will Ferrell would make a good Harry Mudd.
I went back and read all the old comments earlier on this thread and I couldn't pass up this one. Interesting points you made Darth Librarian and is your picture from a actual episode of the series or a goofy out take? Whatever it is it's funny. So you feel that adhering to a strict set of structured rules to maintain continuity actually crippled The Classic Star Trek's ability to grow. A fascinating point of view.

I definitely agree that star Trek is for sure in need of a fresh transfusion, especially in the dull alien department. Voyger seasons 1 & 2 anyone? There was a lot of dorky looking aliens on season 1 & 2 of Voyager, very unimaginative face masks. I hated it, actually I didn't start watching until Seven of Nine came on it. But of coarse what guy didn't.... I was single then. [COLOR=#6699cc]http://www.blockbuster.com/poll/sciFi/voteResults[/COLOR]

Is it me, why is it most aliens on Star Trek are ugly as all Hell itself. Save for the ones they paint a different color (Orion Slave girls) or add pointy ears too (Romulan or Vulcan babes). Why cant someone please give us a stylized alien that's goregous yet totally alien looking not humanoid apendages? Is there no one in the creation department with any new imaginative ideas from the 5 Star Trek shows? Like the blue opera singer in Fifth Element with the Star Wars T'wilik like long head; but only one not two. Now she was both very cool, totally alien and beautiful...... Did anyone see the reptilian women on the the new Star Trek Enterprise ship? She was very wicked cool looking. Now that's what I'm talking about, a fresh take on alien make-up. Star Trek needs more totally alien looking beings and less of these humanoid alliens, enough already. Save for Romulans, Klingons, Borg, Reman, Cardasians, Orions and the Dominion of coarse. BRING ON THE VERY ALIEN THOLIANS & GORN!!! MORE... MORE... MORE... LET"S BE FRESH AND DIFFERENT... Writers start writing people..... Let's revamp the franchise.

CCC CCC CCC
CCCCC CCCCC C
CCC C CCC C C
C C C c
C CCC C
C C

CCCCCCCCC cccccccc
CCCCCCCCC cc
CCCCCCC CC

ccccc
ccccc
cccccccc
cccccccc
Old May 31st 09, 04:43   #133
Jade Jaguar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKarsEye View Post
Ok lemme ask a "serious" (not really) uber-geek question:

Those of you truly love Trek, how much do you feel a little annoyed that Trek used to be "our thing" and now it's all mainstream.
I started watching Star Trek in the TV lounge of my college dorm, in its first run. The place was packed. There were plenty of what would now be called geeks and nerds, but also plenty of jocks, and others. I thought of it as mainstream for young people. In fact, it would never have been canceled, if the age demographics they switched to preferring just a couple of years later, were in use then. I never really thought of it as a cult thing, unlike B5...
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st 09, 05:26   #134
for the one
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
I started watching Star Trek in the TV lounge of my college dorm, in its first run. The place was packed. There were plenty of what would now be called geeks and nerds, but also plenty of jocks, and others. I thought of it as mainstream for young people. In fact, it would never have been canceled, if the age demographics they switched to preferring just a couple of years later, were in use then. I never really thought of it as a cult thing, unlike B5...
Yes why is that? Why isn'y B-5 getting the 5 pm time slot syndication like classic Star Trek? No wonder it's fan base isn't generating the same kinds of hype. That's what made Star Trek grow huge; all the youth watching it coming home from school. [As explained in the special show about the auction of all things StarTrek.] At this rate were never gonna see a spin off again. Not to mention they have so many channels to chose from now and the networks are sucking eggs on the Nelson ratings. Heh maybe a 5 pm B-5 syndication is just what they need. I wish.

CCC CCC CCC
CCCCC CCCCC C
CCC C CCC C C
C C C c
C CCC C
C C

CCCCCCCCC cccccccc
CCCCCCCCC cc
CCCCCCC CC

ccccc
ccccc
cccccccc
cccccccc
Old May 31st 09, 12:56   #135
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by for the one View Post
Okay I'm ultra confused here if this is norm then why bother with the [COLOR=#99ccff]NC-17 adult chat forum[/COLOR] ?
To have topics actually focusing on sexual topics, and to have a place where you can post stuff you don't want people seeing over your back when you're at work. Like pictures of naked people.

Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st 09, 16:09   #136
B5_Obsessed
First One

Quote:
Darth Librarian and is your picture from a actual episode of the series or a goofy out take? Whatever it is it's funny.
Thats from "Turnabout Intruder", the last episode of Star Trek, where man-hating b***** Janice Lester trades bodies with Captain Kirk, and subsequently files his nails on the bridge and has irrational outbursts at the crew. Women rarely fared well in Star Trek.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st 09, 18:02   #137
for the one
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
To have topics actually focusing on sexual topics, and to have a place where you can post stuff you don't want people seeing over your back when you're at work. Like pictures of naked people.
Cool thanks Chilli, that was very non Shadow/Vorlon of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5_Obsessed View Post
Thats from "Turnabout Intruder", the last episode of Star Trek, where man-hating b***** Janice Lester trades bodies with Captain Kirk, and subsequently files his nails on the bridge and has irrational outbursts at the crew. Women rarely fared well in Star Trek.
HAH.. [I'm laughing at the files his nails part]

CCC CCC CCC
CCCCC CCCCC C
CCC C CCC C C
C C C c
C CCC C
C C

CCCCCCCCC cccccccc
CCCCCCCCC cc
CCCCCCC CC

ccccc
ccccc
cccccccc
cccccccc

Last edited by for the one; May 31st 09 at 18:05. Reason: SP CK
Old May 31st 09, 21:23   #138
B5_Obsessed
First One

Quote:

HAH.. [I'm laughing at the files his nails part]
You gotta wonder if Shatner ever said to the director, "Is this too much?"
Old May 31st 09, 21:30   #139
B5_Obsessed
First One

Well, I guess he wasn't on the bridge.

http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...truder_087.JPG
Old June 5th 09, 19:43   #140
for the one
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5_Obsessed View Post
Well, I guess he wasn't on the bridge.

http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...truder_087.JPG
I miss Shatner's Kirk. I want him to appear in the next Star Trek movie. I hear there is talk Abrams is going to try and do it. I wonder if they'll use elements of the Borg story 'The Return'. I never read it myself.

I saw Star Trek V though, the one he directed. The script was poor. Visted family a few years back and watched it with my dad he said, "No wonder they dont let him direct." Owch that hurt. Most Trekies ignore that movie. They ignore it ever existed. Kinda like the Highlander fans that ignore Highlander II.

But that aside, if they use basic elements from his book, I.E.- The Borg tech brings Kirk back to life. Turning him into a Borg to be a rep to assimulate Earth, (Picard Lucutis anyone," Best of Both Worlds I & II"). That could be interesting. But I think why bother, just go back using a Borg time travel sphere a few minutes and beam him aboard. I think the book cover said they used the tech to do it. Anybody out there actually wade through the book?

Shatner could stand to lose 75 lb though... Hey.... we could put him on Americas Biggest Loser, then put him on Survivor and finally Dancing with the Stars. That will trim him down real fast!!! I LIKE IT!!!

***Totally off subject, here is a funny little piece from a Trek fan:
http://boards.startrek.com/community...f=6;t=33330107

CCC CCC CCC
CCCCC CCCCC C
CCC C CCC C C
C C C c
C CCC C
C C

CCCCCCCCC cccccccc
CCCCCCCCC cc
CCCCCCC CC

ccccc
ccccc
cccccccc
cccccccc

Last edited by for the one; June 6th 09 at 20:38. Reason: SP CK