• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Help with finding B5 scream?

Cybersen

Hi there

Not being a B5 expert, I have a small problem.

About 5 years ago my band did a small demo actually more or less based on some samples borrowed from the Babylon 5 - and now we are finally working on our new album and wanted to include this track in a new version as well. BUT all our samples from that time are gone - and there is one crucial one that I simply cant find again. I have looked through all of season 4 and most of season 3 (on high speed) but I haven't found the sample.

As far as I remember it should be from season 4 and is a scream by Lyta Alexander (when she is being modified?) - but for some reason I can't find it again. Could one of you help with which episode it is from? And if possible when...
I have uploaded a snippet from the demo where the scream is here

If anyone should be interested you are very welcome to get the complete demo - but be warned, it is a demo...

Thanks for your time :)

Hi there

Not being a B5 expert, I have a small problem.

About 5 years ago my band did a small demo actually more or less based on some samples borrowed from the Babylon 5 - and now we are finally working on our new album and wanted to include this track in a new version as well. BUT all our samples from that time are gone - and there is one crucial one that I simply cant find again. I have looked through all of season 4 and most of season 3 (on high speed) but I haven't found the sample.

As far as I remember it should be from season 4 and is a scream by Lyta Alexander (when she is being modified?) - but for some reason I can't find it again. Could one of you help with which episode it is from? And if possible when...
I have uploaded a snippet from the demo where the scream is here

If anyone should be interested you are very welcome to get the complete demo - but be warned, it is a demo...

Thanks for your time :)

I think this is what you're after. It's not from Lyta being modified. It's from Ulkesh punishing her.

The Summoning
Ulkesh:
"Would you know my thoughts? Would you?!
Lyta: <screams>
nomythg2.wav

Thanks a lot for your help :) And you might be right - I have myself found that part and thought about it. And I think it might be part of what we've used. We might have taken 2 different samples and made them into one....
In the file there are some mourning and a little scream before we go to this BIG scream - and I think this is also from somewhere in B5. Can you - or someone else - recognize that?

Thanks a lot for your help :) And you might be right - I have myself found that part and thought about it. And I think it might be part of what we've used. We might have taken 2 different samples and made them into one....
In the file there are some mourning and a little scream before we go to this BIG scream - and I think this is also from somewhere in B5. Can you - or someone else - recognize that?

Maybe if you could send the "some mourning and a little scream" to me as a small wav or mp3, or attach it as a ZIP file to a post here. Can't download your demo right now because I'm on dialup and am in the middle of downloading all the B5:TLT video diaries and interviews in highest quality (which is taking forever), and don't want to slow that stuff down. ;)

I think the first of the two screams may be Ivanova waking up from her dream sequence in Thirdspace. Still not sure where the 'mourning' part is from, I'll think about it some more..

Last edited:
I think the first of the two screams may be Ivanova waking up from her dream sequence in Thirdspace. Still not sure where the 'mourning' part is from, I'll think about it some more..

The only thing I can think of that resembled mourning was from The River of Souls, with that old lady's spirit mourning her lost children on the steps, before she jumps through Zack.

Maybe if you could send the "some mourning and a little scream" to me as a small wav or mp3, or attach it as a ZIP file to a post here. Can't download your demo right now because I'm on dialup and am in the middle of downloading all the B5:TLT video diaries and interviews in highest quality (which is taking forever), and don't want to slow that stuff down. ;)

Understandable ;) The file I am linking to is not the full demo - but only where both things happens (14 seconds mp3). But I can upload the full thing if you want to hear it...
And thanks for your suggestions - I will look into them! And if you think of more... ;)

Understandable ;) The file I am linking to is not the full demo - but only where both things happens (14 seconds mp3). But I can upload the full thing if you want to hear it...

No, wrong direction. I meant a shorter (smaller) file with the known element (the Lyta scream), deleted from the mp3, which would leave only the unknown elements ("some mourning and a little scream") in the mp3.

No, wrong direction. I meant a shorter (smaller) file with the known element (the Lyta scream), deleted from the mp3, which would leave only the unknown elements ("some mourning and a little scream") in the mp3.

No, that is our problem. We only have the demo left as an mp3 - all our data is gone, so we have to start from scratch again. And that's why I am trying to collect the samples again. But what I refer to can be heard from second 1 to 4 (of the 14 seconds of the mp3) - just before the big scream happens. I can separate those 3 seconds - but there will still be music in the file and not only the sample...

And thanks Boxie for the link - I will start looking through. What a collection!

No, that is our problem. We only have the demo left as an mp3 - all our data is gone, so we have to start from scratch again. And that's why I am trying to collect the samples again. But what I refer to can be heard from second 1 to 4 (of the 14 seconds of the mp3) - just before the big scream happens. I can separate those 3 seconds - but there will still be music in the file and not only the sample...

I think that's from the episode Sic Transit Vir, where Inavova wakes up from the dream where she imagines herself in C&C, naked.

No, that's not it. Nice scream, though.

As RMcD said, the first bit appears to be from Thirdspace (DVD Chapter 14, 00:48:36 to 00:48:40, right after Ivanova's main scream).

And thanks Boxie for the link - I will start looking through. What a collection!

That's where my link was from. Hover your mouse over the link...
nomythg2.wav
...and look in the information bar. ;)

Last edited:

Can you repost the sound? The link doesn't work anymore. By now you have probably fixed it out, but I was curious to hear it.

Hey guys
Sorry for my late answer - and thanks for your help!
We have got it to work using the mourning from the mp3 file (never found that one) and the main scream which was the first suggestion (Ulkesh-Lyta). It seemed to me that there are actually a slight difference between the DVD and the VHs version - more scream on the VHS more effekt on the DVD - but I might be wrong....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back