• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Re. Free B5 Rigntones Advertised at B5TV.com

KoshN

Super Moderator
The ad. (which I can't get back to, now, to quote) mentions free ringtones and says they'll work with all carriers. Not true. See below for the fine print.

We've found Babylon 5 Ringtones!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Complimentary Ringtone offer is only for compatible handsets on Sprint, AT&T and Cingular. This is a Funmobile Poly Ringtones & Joke subscription service. By signing up for this service and by entering your personal PIN Code which will be sent to the mobile phone number supplied by you on this website, you acknowledge that you are subscribing to our service. Cingular AT&T Wireless and Cingular Orange customers will receive the monthly Value Club 2 at $19.99. Alltel, Boost, Cellular One, Dobson, Nextel and Verizon customers will receive the weekly FunTxt Joke Club at $5.99. Sprint PCS customers will receive the weekly Value Club 2 at $5.99. As part of the monthly Value Club 2 at $19.99/monthly, you will get credits up to 14 Poly Ringtones per month. As part of the weekly FunTxt Joke Club at $5.99/weekly, you will receive a joke each weekday. As part of the weekly Value Club 2 at $5.99/weekly, you will get credits up to 4 Poly Ringtones per week and receive a joke each weekday. All plans are subject to the terms of service. Users under 16 years of age require parents' permission. Unused credits will be not rolled over to next month (see terms of service). Normal carrier charges (WAP, GPRS, SMS) apply. The charge will be billed on your wireless phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. For help send "HELP" to 99621. To cancel your plan, send a text "STOP" to 99621 at anytime. In case of questions please contact customer service at customercare@funmobile.com. Other Charges may apply.

"Complimentary Ringtone offer is only for compatible handsets on Sprint, AT&T and Cingular."

:( I have Verizon. BTW, I like Verizon. It beats the hell out of the Cingular company phone/service that I also have. Note, as a company phone, it's locked up tighter than a drum. 99.99% of the stuff on the desktop is locked. I can't even change among canned ringtones that are standard on the phone without entering the unlock code (which I'm not allowed to know.). There are 28 company numbers with which this phone can communicate, and to change the ringtone assigned to them, I have to enter the unlock code once per phone number. Also, I only can send to and receive from "company numbers." Regardless of what the Cingular ads. say, I have more dropped calls, bad reception (up and down volume calls, muffled, quiet calls where I'm asking people to speak up, etc.), failed calls (Won't connect.), "All circuits are busy." calls, than I have with Verizon. I tried calling my boss yesterday on the company Cingular cellphone, and I got "Failed call." and "All circuits are busy. Try again later." So, I hung up and immediately called him on my personal Verizon cellphone, got through immediately and could hear him perfectly.

"This is a Funmobile Poly Ringtones & Joke subscription service. By signing up for this service and by entering your personal PIN Code which will be sent to the mobile phone number supplied by you on this website, you acknowledge that you are subscribing to our service. Cingular AT&T Wireless and Cingular Orange customers will receive the monthly Value Club 2 at $19.99.

Hmm, free ringtones if you pay. Nothing to try to see if you like it, and no way to even see what's available without subscribing and paying. :rolleyes:

Alltel, Boost, Cellular One, Dobson, Nextel and <u>Verizon</u> customers will receive the <u>weekly FunTxt Joke Club at $5.99.</u>

FunTxt Joke Club??? Jokes??? Text??? Text Jokes for ~$25.96/month??? :( No B5 ringtones for Verizon, free or otherwise. So much for "free ringtones that work with any carrier." :rolleyes:

Catch-22, as usual. :(

Doh! Just seeing the subject line made me happy, and then...oh well, guess I'll stick to my crappy, generic ringtones that came with my phone...

Doh! Just seeing the subject line made me happy

For half a second, I was all excited, too! I would have loved to have a B5 ringtone!

.... :( I have Verizon.

... :rolleyes: Shhhooooot!

I'm still trying to decide on a suitable punishment for students whose cell phones go off in class. :LOL:

My ringtone is "silent". ;)

Leave a message, I'll notice the red blinking light later. :p

Hype, what do you think about the "stealth" ringtones? The ones kids are using with a very high pitch thats supposed to be inaudible to older folk. Kinda reminds me of grade school when the boys had to learn ASL ( American Sigh Language) because the girls had and were passing "secret" messages.

:LOL: Yea, I don't know what to think about that.

It's certainly not illegal. What I don't want is something that will distract other students, and I make this quite clear. If you need to receive an important message, put it on vibrate. Just don't distract someone who's finally "getting it" at a crucial moment in my college algebra class. :mad:

Or worse, distract me so I forget what the hell I was doing to get them to that "getting it" moment. :eek:

;)

I have Cingular, but I have no desire for a B5 ringtone. :LOL:

Oh, I don't know about that...

"The Circle requires your presence." seems appropriate for an alarm to alert me to a meeting.

"What do you want, you moonfaced assasin of joy?" seems appropriate for any call from my boss.

"You have messages holding." is great for announcenents of voicemails, etc.

The possibilities are endless, and I doubt that anybody else in the vicinity will have the same ringtone as me ;) , which eliminates me going for my phone when it's not my phone that's ringing (happens alot).

Give it a couple years and all phones will allow you to use standard mp3s for your ringtones.

Already have one of those myself, which means I can pick and choose anything I like, and it doesn't cost me a bean. At the moment, I'm using a couple of snatches of songs from my own band's new album.

Give it a couple years and all phones will allow you to use standard mp3s for your ringtones.

Already have one of those myself, which means I can pick and choose anything I like, and it doesn't cost me a bean. At the moment, I'm using a couple of snatches of songs from my own band's new album.

If I was using a mini-PC phone, I guess I'd be able to do that now. I'd just send the soundfiles to the phone as an email attachment. I'd be able to use the soundfiles on my existing Motorola V265 if Verizon hadn't crippled the phone's capabilities by preventing transfer of files via the USB-2.0 cable I have (which is part of the Mobile Office Kit).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back