• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Demonn

Regular
Trailer #3 is up... thank god, because the moon was getting old.

That new chick looks like a plastic sex doll. Why'd you have to go & be stupid Megan?

Trailer #3 is up... thank god, because the moon was getting old.

That new chick looks like a plastic sex doll. Why'd you have to go & be stupid Megan?

Peter Cullens' voice, robots, explosions, crap jokes, more robots, shakey cam, all in 3D.

I'll be there on the front row on opening day, glasses ready

DL = Hollywoods' bitch.

Transformers 3 was all I really all I wanted in a Transformers movie all along. An intense sci-fi action film, with a comprehensible plot. And action scenes where you could actually see what was going on, without the need for flashing a strobe light in the camera for the entire last act. It's not a super complex formula, but Michael Bay managed to screw it up 2 out of 3 times.

This movie is arguably the exemplar of its genre, 2 hours of Saturday morning TV from the 1980s' recreated in 3D at vast expense, with all the visual glory and intellectual emptiness that entails.

In short, Bay did indeed finally get it right. I really really loved it, even as a massive Transformers fanboy I could appreciate that this was a great popcorn movie on its own, with incredible action set pieces and Bay making every frame look stunning.

Its also made a 100% profit in one week, so one can hardly argue at the waste of cash.

Last night I watched The Expendibles (of whom none died I believe). Not a bad film of its genre but I honestly felt that it desperately needed a director like Bay to do the actors and concept justice. He just knows how to make great action sequences.

Haven't watched it yet because I heard the Jar Jar twins and the little pervy bot still feature.

As to the point about characters dying... it's based on a toy line. C'mon have you not even seen the original G1 movie? The pretty much wiped out the entire original toy line in the first half hour. I think that messed with a lot of kids. In fact it was the outcry over Optimus Prime's original death that led to them bringing him back as Powermaster Prime... they just didn't even get how beloved the character had become with kids.

I always seemed to have rotten luck with my toys. All the ones I owned seemed to suffer premature ends. Sunstreaker went into a coma in the comics, very early on... sure something bad happened to Thundercracker too.

Not sure about Tracks.

I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't completely sold on it. Being a G1 Transformers comic fan... I do prefer a well written TF story and not just an action flick.

I don't like the characterisation. "Minor" Autobots always seem to come across as ridiculous caricatures. I also don't thing the scriptwriters *get* Optimus at all. They make him increasingly brutal throughout the series. There is no way he'd ever say the line "Give me your face" as in ROTF and he wouldn't perform a cold blooded execution on a beaten foe who has so obviously been broken and appears contrite... he just wouldn't do that.

Wasn't sure of the silly robosnake drill thing that accompanied Shockwave. Why not just make Shockwave himself more hardcore?

Shockwave is a character who is well developed enough to deserve his own plot. I would have liked to see an adaptation of the "Repeat Performance" storyline combined with "Dinobot Hunt". People have been crying out for the Dinobots for ages and those storylines would bring them in with credibility.

Your mistaking classic 1980's UK comics written by Simon Furman with US mainstream. One is actually 2000 AD for a slightly younger audience, the other is mainstream tosh.

I enjoy both, although the blood-thirsty prime is a bit hard to swallow, especially when he bleats on about freedom, then chops his surrendered enemies / mentors head off.

Film 4 will have no Bay and all Dinobots. That is my hope.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back