• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 Encyclopedia

Really looking forward to this. While I'm sure I'll use the online edition far more, I love the idea of the two-volume set.

And when Captain Jaclyn says this has been in the works for years, it's no exaggeration!

Where's the 'Like' button?? I can't find the 'Like' button?!?!

:beer: This'll do.:beer:

OMG people! This may ruin my life. Someone needs to tell me to stop looking at everything in the online edition. I have to have a life outside of this, but it is so awesome. :thumbsup:

I could - but I'm kinda prejudiced, you know. ;) It's easy to lose time exploring the online edition, that's for sure.

It's worth mentioning that there's an entire 'chapter' online for folks to enjoy. http://b5books.com/ about halfway down the page.

For those interested in getting the B5 Encyclopedia, a message from Captain Jaclyn regarding shipping and prices:
-------------
Big announcement coming from B5 Books. The entire team worked through holidays and are now 10 days ahead of the shipping schedule. Email going out tomorrow Wednesday, Jan 3) with all the details.

Alert from Captain Jaclyn to the PROcrastinators: Since the pre-order period will be officially over tomorrow, the prices go up tomorrow too. Do it now. B5books.com
-------------

I've been rewatching B5 recently and I actually found it quite nice to have the online version in a side window so I could look up stuff as I watched.

Where the encyclopedia will really shine (I hope) is if I ever get around to making missions for The Babylon Project. One of the problems I have with mission design is trying to stay consistent with the B5 universe. I get the nub of an idea for a mission but then I find I have to check something against an episode of the show and then I'm there watching the rest of the episode cause B5 is just too good to watch a clip!

I've been rewatching B5 recently and I actually found it quite nice to have the online version in a side window so I could look up stuff as I watched.

Do you mean you open a window with the Go90 App to watch it and then you open another window with the Encyclopedia? (If so that is excellent!)

My books are out for delivery as we speak! Unfortunately my Post Office has been having all kinds of delivery issues lately so I may not see them until later tonight. Saturday they delivered our mail a 8:15pm. I believe it was four degrees Fahrenheit outside, so I'm sure that carrier was REALLY thrilled to be out delivering mail by flashlight. :eek:

UPDATE!!!!! They arrived approximately fifteen minutes after this post. Delivered in daylight at a balmy eight degrees Fahrenheit. :guffaw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back