B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Other TV-related forums > Non-B5 books, TV & films

Old June 13th 22, 13:57   #21
Looney
Psi Cop

Re: The Orville New Horizons (Season 3) 2022.03.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateArrival View Post

Saw Wil Wheaton at a convention last week, and he also compared Strange New Worlds to classic Trek. Not sure if there's a side-opinion buried in there about the other current shows, but he had nothing but praise for Strange New Worlds.
I think he would be a great guest for THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS.
Old June 14th 22, 01:14   #22
LateArrival
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateArrival View Post

Saw Wil Wheaton at a convention last week, and he also compared Strange New Worlds to classic Trek. Not sure if there's a side-opinion buried in there about the other current shows, but he had nothing but praise for Strange New Worlds.
I think he would be a great guest for THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS.

On a similar subject - and of course B5 related - was sent a Survey asking for Input on potential future convention guests. For Shows, added The Orville as they didn't list it under Hulu. Also put Babylon 5 (of course). For Authors... ...JMS is an author, Claudia Christian is an author, so are Patricia Tallman, Bruce Boxleitner, and Peter Jurasik. So had several potential authors to suggest, as why not?
Old June 15th 22, 06:34   #23
Looney
Psi Cop

[QUOTE=LateArrival;468082]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
On a similar subject - and of course B5 related - was sent a Survey asking for Input on potential future convention guests. For Shows, added The Orville as they didn't list it under Hulu. Also put Babylon 5 (of course). For Authors... ...JMS is an author, Claudia Christian is an author, so are Patricia Tallman, Bruce Boxleitner, and Peter Jurasik. So had several potential authors to suggest, as why not?
Oooooh how I long to go to a convention....

So here is a little interesting bit. The YouTube Channel I mentioned is getting all kinds of interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff from the show. This has gotten to the point where he has created TALKING THE ORVILLE as an IMDB page with these guest stars. For a small donation your name can be added to the Producers list. I assume any donation counts. They start at $10.

EgotasticFunTime aka Talking The Orville

That is a link to the channel's main page. There are donation links in the info for every video and on his YouTube Community page. I'm not going to post them, but you can find them when you click under any of his current TALKING THE ORVILLE videos or really anywhere around his channel. He is doing a cutoff that ends in the next 45hrs for getting Producer Credit for all the current Season's shows, but after that you can get one episode by episode.
Old June 16th 22, 14:17   #24
Looney
Psi Cop

Just wanted to give a quick update.

Episode 3 was my least favorite and it is still pretty dang good.

Three episodes in by FAR the weakest element is the attempt to shove Charly in.
Old June 16th 22, 21:04   #25
hypatia
First One

I got confused as to when Orville was starting and what time and day it comes out. But I have caught up on the first two episodes and it certainly is starting off strong. I don't think there will be any need to explain the aging of the children, either. So far it looks like a strong start. I'm very glad it's finally back.
Old July 24th 22, 23:58   #26
hypatia
First One

I just heard last night that all episodes of Orville, including the current season, will be on Disney Plus starting August 10. I don’t think Disney has agreed to fund new episodes, but apparently Orville is moving form Hulu to Disney Plus.

I’d love to see their future at Disney, assuming it won’t get molded into a Disney model.
Old July 25th 22, 02:46   #27
Looney
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
I’d love to see their future at Disney, assuming it won’t get molded into a Disney model.
So I watched the TALKING THE ORVILLE live stream on YouTube today. There was a lot of talk about Disney. JP, guy who runs the channel, pointed out that since the sale of Fox The Orville has been under Disney control, so he doesn't see why they would now start to put more influence on the show. I agree. I can't see anything the show is doing that Disney would need to mess with. It isn't even close to the most adult show on Disney Plus.
Old July 25th 22, 05:17   #28
hypatia
First One

That’s certainly true. Orville should have about the same “family friendly” vibe that TNG had. I just hope Disney wants to order new episodes.
Old July 25th 22, 09:33   #29
LateArrival
Commander

Perhaps they might have a Wait And See attitude? If moving the show there brings in New $ Subscribers, then perhaps they'd spring for a 4th season. Since the show has historically had... ...a bit... ....of a delay between seasons, they might be willing to give it another year or so to see if it worth further investment? But am guessing Seth would HAVE to be willing to do a 4th season to make this happen.
Old July 25th 22, 13:16   #30
Looney
Psi Cop

Since the beginning of New Horizons it has often been mentioned on TALKING THE ORVILLE that the show is doing very well on Disney Plus in markets outside the U.S. That is another factor. The show is only on Hulu in the U.S. Outside the U.S. it is already on Disney Plus.