• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rewatching Babylon 5.

We know there are a variety of stores, restaurants, clubs, and bars on B5, but why not hotels? Can anyone tell me one instance where a hotel name was mentioned? I know there are episodes that discuss accommodations for travelers, but I only remember ever hearing it referred to as guest quarters in certain sections. Why not hotel names? And if there are hotels how would they work? Would they just be demarcated guest quarters in a certain sections? :LOL:

Space (so to speak) being at a premium, any shops or kiosks on the station would have to have rent paid. In the case of hotel 'quarters', you're talking about the hotel chain having to pay rent on them even if they're not occupied. That would be ideal for the station but it's not likely that a hotel chain would be terribly interested in that deal since there'd be no way for them to attract occupancy. Chances are, Earthforce ended up operating guest quarters as much out of necessity as they did from a profit motive.

Space (so to speak) being at a premium, any shops or kiosks on the station would have to have rent paid. In the case of hotel 'quarters', you're talking about the hotel chain having to pay rent on them even if they're not occupied. That would be ideal for the station but it's not likely that a hotel chain would be terribly interested in that deal since there'd be no way for them to attract occupancy. Chances are, Earthforce ended up operating guest quarters as much out of necessity as they did from a profit motive.

Hmmmmmm . . . . . That is a really awesome answer Jan. It almost sounds like you might have insider knowledge of how hotel chains think. LOL :guffaw: :LOL: :guffaw: ;)

Yeah, Jan's got a great answer there. Funny thing, though -- when we see Ironheart rent a room, it's from a civilian. Subcontractor?

Yeah, Jan's got a great answer there. Funny thing, though -- when we see Ironheart rent a room, it's from a civilian. Subcontractor?

Probably. I mean, what ranking would be suitable for 'desk clerk'? Come to think of it, we didn't see if the B5 Emporium was being manned by a civilian or not, did we? :)

Is the woman who showed Jason Ironheart guest quarters in the episode MIND WAR, 1.6, a civilian contractor or Earth Force regular in civilian clothing? We should all meet somewhere to discuss such matters. I vote for Havre, Montana because it is definitely off the beaten path for everyone. I doubt there are any tried and true Babylon 5 fans who wouldn't have to come a great distance to meet there, which would make it an equal hassle for us all. ;) Three days of discussions followed by voting on the fourth day and partying for the next five days after. :thumbsup: Naturally as a courtesy we would invite JMS, but I think we all know he would say he is, "Too busy." :guffaw:

So is it safe to assume you gave up on your rewatch vacantlook? I am very surprised more people aren't posting about rewatches on Go90. I am doing two rewatches, one on my tablet in Season Two and one on my phone in Season One. :guffaw: :rolleyes: :guffaw:

TWO rewatches? That would drive me insane.

I am about to employ Go90, but not for myself (I have the DVDs). Even though we broke up in July, my ex is adamant about finishing the series. B5 seems a particularly fitting neutral ground for post-breakup discussions...

TWO rewatches? That would drive me insane.

I am about to employ Go90, but not for myself (I have the DVDs). Even though we broke up in July, my ex is adamant about finishing the series. B5 seems a particularly fitting neutral ground for post-breakup discussions...

In fairness I rarely watch it on my phone. And I watch it on Go90 just because I want them to take notice that it is getting views. I have all the discs as well, but I am hoping it is a streaming success so it continues to be renewed and generate revenue, i.e. possibilities. ;)

So nothing vacantlook? Oh wait, vacantlook means you are staring off into space. SNAP OUT OF IT!!!! :guffaw::LOL::guffaw:

Anyway, I guess you gave up.

Yeah, I don't think I'd be able to do two re-watches at one time. I barely have time to watch one show once at a time!

Well I am not re-watching them very quickly at this point. I am also trying to slowly go through The Gathering and pick up as many tidbits as possible. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back