• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Marcus???

Crusader

He was without a doubt one of my favourite characters. his line in that first episode of Season 3 made me laugh so much:

Lurker: I Dont Like Insults

Marcus: Thats funny with a face like yours i would have thought youd be used to it

What happened, was him being "killed" off (and i used the term killed loosely) a planned plot line or did the actor want out??? And hed better be in some future editon of TLT. He was great lol

What happened, was him being "killed" off (and i used the term killed loosely) a planned plot line or did the actor want out???

JMS needed Ivanova to get to a certain place emotionally and this was how he did it. He's said on the DVD commentaries that had he known ahead of time that Claudia was leaving, he'd never have killed off Marcus.

Jan

And hed better be in some future editon of TLT. He was great lol
No word about that. But JMS has mentioned that the TLT format is flexible enough to allow hopping in the timeline, and maybe do things like a Marcus or Sinclair story, which wouldn't be possible without that flexibility. So there's hope, I suppose.

No word about that. But JMS has mentioned that the TLT format is flexible enough to allow hopping in the timeline, and maybe do things like a Marcus or Sinclair story, which wouldn't be possible without that flexibility. So there's hope, I suppose.

Good Sinclair id like to see again aswell, bt the sarchasm of marcus made season 3 and 4 all the more enjoyable

Yeah, I liked Marcus. Even though Claudia Christian is one of my favorite actresses and Ivanova my favorite character on B5, I don't think it was fair to sacrifice Marcus for her sake, especially since she left the show.

Yeah, I liked Marcus. Even though Claudia Christian is one of my favorite actresses and Ivanova my favorite character on B5, I don't think it was fair to sacrifice Marcus for her sake, especially since she left the show.

Marcus's sacrifice was written and filmed before Claudia chose to leave the show; jms has said that had he known when he wrote it that Claudia would eventually choose to leave, he wouldn't have killed Marcus. Marcus's sacrifice was a set up for what would become a relationship between Ivanova and Byron in season five; Ivanova would be afraid of *not acting* on her feelings toward Byron out of regret for having not acted on her feelings toward Marcus. And in that would have been the biggest element of the drama of the whole telepath colony arc, if you ask me -- that and Ivanova having to call in Bester to deal with the rogue telepaths.

Was Ivanov's telepathy supposed to grow a little bit during her relationship with Byron? I mean I realize she would never have gotten beyond a P1 or P2, but, I once heard she was supposed to grow a bit, which would increase the drama with having to call in Bester? Anyone ever heard anything about that?

Susan and Byron??? :D Eeeewwwww!

Sorry, not a huge Byron fan... :D but Susan rocks! As for Marcus, I LOVED him! What a great character!

Yeah, I'm not a great Byron fan either so I quite like how that panned out. Still, it would've been interesting to see Ivanova continue on the show.

If you're not Byron fans you should rather like how it was originally planned than how it ended up panning out. If the Civil War arc had carried over into season 5, the Byron-Ivanova relationship (instead of Byron-Lyta) and Tradgedy of Telepaths storyline would have been over in a scant few episodes, rather than half a series of long-haired weirdos singing about how we'll all come together in a better place.

I'm not sure I've ever heard that Ivanova's telepathic ability was going to grow, but I wouldn't be surprised. If the relationship part of what we got between Lyta and Byron was originally going to have been between Ivanova and Byron, I imagine the telepaths learning that they were the products of Vorlon creations for use as weapons against the Shadows would have come out while Ivanova and Byron went at it, so maybe Ivanova's latent powers came out more strongly then?

...If the Civil War arc had carried over into season 5, the Byron-Ivanova relationship (instead of Byron-Lyta) and Tradgedy of Telepaths storyline would have been over in a scant few episodes....

It's my understanding that the telepath colony would have been established toward the end of season four, had jms not bumped it in order to get in the end of the Earth Civil War arc. So, I'm not sure the overall amount of time the telepaths would have been around would have been all that less, it just wouldn't have felt all clumped together the way it does now.

It's my understanding that the telepath colony would have been established toward the end of season four, had jms not bumped it in order to get in the end of the Earth Civil War arc. So, I'm not sure the overall amount of time the telepaths would have been around would have been all that less, it just wouldn't have felt all clumped together the way it does now.

You're right about introducing the telepaths earlier, but I'm pretty sure in the script books JMS said their story would've been briefer, and Byron's in particular (the Byron-Ivanova relationship only encompassing an episode or so).

You're right about introducing the telepaths earlier, but I'm pretty sure in the script books JMS said their story would've been briefer, and Byron's in particular (the Byron-Ivanova relationship only encompassing an episode or so).

Well its a shame that isnt the way it went down. While overall i probably preferr Season 5 out of all the rest that 12 or so episode arc and especially the character of Byron really annoyed me. Especially the singing lol

Well its a shame that isnt the way it went down. While overall i probably preferr Season 5 out of all the rest that 12 or so episode arc and especially the character of Byron really annoyed me. Especially the singing lol

my god how can you not be a season 3 whore?

besides byrons character was probably the worst written character in the entire show.

my god how can you not be a season 3 whore?

Season 3 Comes Close lol, Especially given the entrance of Marcus. But i preferred the Presidential Storylines was all. If I had to rank the series and movies of the B5 univers it would go
  1. Babylon 5: A Call to Arms
  2. Crusade
  3. The Legend of The Rangers
  4. B5 TLT: Voices In The Dark
  5. Babylon 5 Season 5
  6. Babylon 5 Season 1 (because of Sinclair)
  7. Babylon 5 Season 3 (because of Marcus and the fights)
  8. Babylon 5 Season 4
  9. Babylon 5: The River of Souls
  10. Babylon 5 Season 2
  11. Babylon 5: The Gathering
  12. Babylon 5: In The Beginning
  13. Babylon 5: Thirdspace (worst of the bunch, bt is B5 so still gd lol)
Im sure many would disagree, well lets see.

Last edited:
This leads me to wonder whether Byron would have been less annoying if he had only been in a few episodes. Secondly, how would his lines have changed if he had been talking to Ivonova rather than Lyta? I really cannot imagine Ivonova putting up with any "willow tree" crap.

Susan and Byron??? :D Eeeewwwww!

Sorry, not a huge Byron fan... :D but Susan rocks! As for Marcus, I LOVED him! What a great character!

Byron and ANY of the B5 women I like..... "Eeeewwwww!" Talk about Ivanova trading down!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back