• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Episode Discussion (EpDis) Thread Index

With this thread on page 5, I had completely forgotten about it. Woo! I get to use my power!

You're going to have a lot of clowns mad at you now. They'll be chanting "Clowns are people too!" :p

Most clowns, with the exception of Ronald McDonald (not the one on this board:D) are higher life forms than people. Of course, that isn't always a good thing. Ever see The Killer Klowns From Outer Space? :eek:

Thanks for making this a sticky, Chilli!

Great to see it happen, after a request by me quite a while ago! Oh well, better late than never. ;)

So this appears to be degenerating into a clowned themed thread, and I did'nt bring Oversized rubber shoes and red clown nose and seltzer sprayer. Anyone here ever read Dueling Clowns by Barry Longyear?

Last edited:
Was there ever a B5:TLT Poll, preferrably one for each of the two stories, "Over Here" and "Over There" ?

I can't remember if I did an EpDis for TLT. Let me search and check, and if not, I'll add two per your request.

KoshN, you request is now complete.

[Elvis} Thank you. Thank you very much. [/Elvis]

I did a quick search, but had to run to a meeting and didn't get to check all of the results. Didn't look like there were any polls for those two.

Hello all. I just felt obligated to register and say thanks for this thread and all the material it leads to on the forum.

I used to watch B5 here and there when I was young and now I decided to properly watch the whole thing and this guide was exactly what I needed to put it all in order and know what order to watch everything.

Cheers ;)

Welcome to the site, share your comments with us as you watch, we love watching vicariously through new eyes

I loved the series when it first came out and recently rewatched in entirety again the entire series. I thought the first 3 seasons were unbelievably great, but the series tailed off at the end of season 4 into 5, though the last few episodes of the entire series was very moving, I had not seen season 5 the first time around.

My main complaint with the series was that the "wars" usually took place in the space of 2-3 episodes. For them to make such a build up to a war, the short duration made the conflict itself seem anti-climactic. Sometimes it almost seemed as if the writer(s) got burnt out by season's end.

Problem goes back to the problems that were experienced by JMS. As you say, season one two and three were well written, and executed. With Season four, there was a lot of uncertainty regarding whether there would be a S5, so the race was on to finalize the main story arc that would see the end of the "great war" leaving the earth civilian war as a possible sacrifice. S5 was approved and we were fotunate to see the conclusion of the civil war, the telepath rebellion and the end of sheridans life in conjunction with the decomission of B5. Due to network dithering, s4 and s5 seemed to almost have a jerky "stop start:" sensation.

Unfortuantely I need to disagree with the "war scenes" as you put it. I thought they were the best battle scenes ever screened. The only two that surpasse the B5 battle sequences would be the opening battle of star wars ep 3 and the battle sequence in " serenity. That , however, is based purely on personal opinion ;)

Problem goes back to the problems that were experienced by JMS. As you say, season one two and three were well written, and executed. With Season four, there was a lot of uncertainty regarding whether there would be a S5, so the race was on to finalize the main story arc that would see the end of the "great war" leaving the earth civilian war as a possible sacrifice. S5 was approved and we were fotunate to see the conclusion of the civil war, the telepath rebellion and the end of sheridans life in conjunction with the decomission of B5. Due to network dithering, s4 and s5 seemed to almost have a jerky "stop start:" sensation.

Unfortuantely I need to disagree with the "war scenes" as you put it. I thought they were the best battle scenes ever screened. The only two that surpasse the B5 battle sequences would be the opening battle of star wars ep 3 and the battle sequence in " serenity. That , however, is based purely on personal opinion ;)

Yes, many of the events that skyrocketed to conclusion in the final 4 episodes of S4 (not counting Deconstruction of Falling Stars), were meant to overlap into the first few episodes of S5, and the events that started cold at the beginning of S5 (the Telepath migration for instance) were supposed to start more seamlessly in the last few episodes of S4. And of course Ivanova was supposed to still be on the show, and fall in love with Byron, and then be betrayed by Byron getting together with Lyta.

Hi all, just registered but a LONGTIME B5 fan (before it was even a series --- watched "The Gathering", then called just "Babylon 5" on old VHS!) and just wanted to say hi to you all!

Also, having rewatched "Deconstruction" again, I have to say that although I know it was "tacked on" in fears of cancellation, it really was, for me, the perfect ending to the series, and in many ways it's a pity it wasn't left to the end of season 5 (had JMS not access to a time machine, fgs?) :) --- I really have not seen a better "ending" to one of the most superlative works of TV drama (not just sci-fi) in my life.

If I was to award it a score out of 10, I'd give it 11 (except that that would be tinkering with the laws of mathematics, wouldn't it?)

Is this spoiler-free? Just in case, I won't say what I want to say, but the final scene in SIL still makes me cry (you know the one!)

TH

Hi all, just registered but a LONGTIME B5 fan (before it was even a series --- watched "The Gathering", then called just "Babylon 5" on old VHS!) and just wanted to say hi to you all!
Ah, a First One!

Also, having rewatched "Deconstruction" again, I have to say that although I know it was "tacked on" in fears of cancellation, it really was, for me, the perfect ending to the series, and in many ways it's a pity it wasn't left to the end of season 5 (had JMS not access to a time machine, fgs?) :) --- I really have not seen a better "ending" to one of the most superlative works of TV drama (not just sci-fi) in my life.
Not tacked on in fear of cancellation at all. It was actually the first episode filmed in the *fifth* season but moved to be the fourth season ender so that Sleeping in Light could be saved as the series finale. In other words, 501 became 422 and 422 became 523. Got it? :p

If I was to award it a score out of 10, I'd give it 11 (except that that would be tinkering with the laws of mathematics, wouldn't it?)
Ah...obviously the above is perfectly understandable!

Is this spoiler-free? Just in case, I won't say what I want to say, but the final scene in SIL still makes me cry (you know the one!)
There are at least 3 places in SiL where the tears flow for me.

Jan

Jan

The unfailing teargates for me are when Sheridan is standing at the wall where he gave his major speech, and recalls it.... and C&C going up with added boom compared to the rest of the station going up.

Ah, a First One!
Why, thank you! Hey, I knew I was old, but come on.... :)
Not tacked on in fear of cancellation at all. It was actually the first episode filmed in the *fifth* season but moved to be the fourth season ender so that Sleeping in Light could be saved as the series finale. In other words, 501 became 422 and 422 became 523. Got it? :p
I always get confused about that. I thought it was supposed to be the ending but was "rushed" out to close season 4 in case there was no season 5? As Sideshow Bob once remarked:- "I --- was WRONG!"
Ah...obviously the above is perfectly understandable!

Jan
Yeah, but it was full-blown howling when the station went up. In many ways, I really couldn't believe it was happening!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back