• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 shooting location?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry for my ignorance, but, where was the original "Babylon 5" shooting location? LA/Hollywood? I guess one reason why the new Babylon 5 project is shooting in Canada is the dollar exchange factor...the productions save alot of money and still produce quality work...I wonder if Babyon 5:The Legend of the Rangers" is going to shoot the whole series in Vancouver? That would be interesting...-Ghost R.-

------------------

"B5" was shot in a converted warehouse or factory in the Los Angeles area. They moved out several months after "Crusade" finished shooting, when post-production was finished and all their gear had been packed up and put in storage. Another show later took over the facilities.

They almost certainly will shoot the series in Vancouver, especially if the go-ahead for the series is received early enough that they can leave the sets standing and go right into regular production. I'm sure the deals worked out with the GVFS and the other local contractors include provisions for their continuing to work on the series.

Regards,

Joe

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

B5 was originally filmed in a converted hot tub factory in an LA suburb. (I believe it was Sherman Oaks, but I'm not sure on that one...)

Production costs in Canada are significantly lower than in LA, which is why filming in Vancouver has been a popular thing to do. (Dark Angel, Lone Gunmen, Andromeda, and several other shows are based in Vancouver.)

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

Thanks Joe! I have to say that I am probably one of the least informed people on this site, so I appreciate everyone's knowledge! It is very impressive to me how knowledgeable everyone is on this site! Thanks again! Cool! Cheers! -Ghost R.-

------------------

Actually it was a factory called Aqua Tech and I believe they made a tidy bowl like product. Next door was an Orange Bang factory that the production took over.

Firstly, Welcome Dandolion1964 and thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

Secondly I swear I posted this earlier today, but it seems to have disappeared.

It was a former spa tub factory.

I always say "HOT TUB" factory. I feel like it has more flare. :guffaw:

I love the stories they tell of the mischief they got up to around the shooting area.. While some did not move into the are, I believe Andreas Katsulas moved closer due to the hours in the make up chair--a few times he reportedly went our shopping still dressed as G'Kar--for awhile he was roomies with Peter Jurasik because Jurasik lived in the deep south and was only in California to film. For those who have not listened to the commentaries on the DVDs there is a great turkey story that cracked me up

I love the stories they tell of the mischief they got up to around the shooting area.. While some did not move into the are, I believe Andreas Katsulas moved closer due to the hours in the make up chair--a few times he reportedly went our shopping still dressed as G'Kar--for awhile he was roomies with Peter Jurasik because Jurasik lived in the deep south and was only in California to film. For those who have not listened to the commentaries on the DVDs there is a great turkey story that cracked me up

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish I'd lived in California while the show was still being made because I lived fairly close to where they were. I bet I know exactly where I could have seen him shopping. :LOL: Plus I would have tried to get a job on the show. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back