• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

THE RANGER REAL PLAYER ADDRESS!!!!

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

Thank you very much! I saw the commercial for the footage today and immediately realized that I could probably find a fan site instead of actually watching Dune. I read the other thread about the HTTP 500 errors and the registration hassles, but thank goodness for back doors! Not only does scifi.com gain publicity from this, but also your site, since it's the first thing that comes up when one searches for Legend of the Rangers in Google.

------------------
Peace be with you

The Skiffy site timed out on me the first time I tried it, but was OK the second. Very Slow to respond the second time, though.

My biggest problem was that I couldn't remember my passowrd.
blush.gif

Lucky, I printed it out when they E-Mailed it to me and kept the page.
tongue.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

OK...I just have to say that Real player is just about the worst possible thing........ever. That sucked. Though, hearing G'Kar's voice was pretty cool.
cool.gif

------------------
Either it's murder, or this library has a very strict overdue policy.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, both Adam and drakh!
laugh.gif

Though I can't say many good words about RealPlayer either... the "best-quality" version did not seem all that much better to me... well, at least it was bigger!
laugh.gif

OK, now that I've watched it 5 times, I think I can go back to bed... or perhaps watch it one more time?
tongue.gif

A teaser indeed.
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

Hi,

I'm new here, And I just wanted to say Thanks for posting those files.
laugh.gif

I have had nothing but problems registering at scifi.com, and they still haven't sent me the confermation number yet.
mad.gif

(Rant)

I don't know what scifi.com was thinking. Thier registeration page even says that it could take a few hours before the confermation code is sent, yet they're making the trailer available for only a few hours...Hello?

I don't know who's idea it was to require registeration before you could see the trailer, but the least they could've done was to make sure thier system could handle the load, and keep the content available longer in case it couldn't. As slow as thier site is, and between the registeration requirement and registeration taking so long that I'd be surprised if anyone recieves thier confirmation code before the trailer is pulled, there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans. Nice going, scifi.com.
tongue.gif

(/Rant)

Oh, BTW, if your trying to veiw streaming video over a modem connection, it will suck, no matter what format it's in. With the lossy compression being used, a lot of the information has to be sacrificed so that it can fit over a modem connection, and not take forever until it can be played. This is true, to a varying extent, for all streaming formats, not just realplayer. Just a bit of internet trivia for today.
wink.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Scott (edited June 12, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Oh, BTW, if your trying to veiw streaming video over a modem connection, it will suck, no matter what format it's in. With the lossy compression being used, a lot of the information has to be sacrificed so that it can fit over a modem connection, and not take forever until it can be played. This is true, to a varying extent, for all streaming formats, not just realplayer. Just a bit of internet trivia for today. <http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Granted, but it seems clear to me that SCI FI chose the
mad.gif
unRealPlayer
mad.gif
format because it's hard to save a file (I imagine it's possible, but you can't do it from RealPlayer) and not because it's the best quality internet video, streaming or otherwise. If quality was the deciding factor, why not QuickTime? If you still wanted it to be streaming, Windows Media gives better results.

------------------
"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements:
energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." -- G'Kar, "Survivors"

To download Real files, there exists the program names X-FileGet.
I don't where to download it, using a search engine.

Finally, does anyone has downloaded the file? Is there still an address where to see it?

Thanks

------------------
"And so it begins..." (Kosh, December 2258)

I downloaded X-FileGet, but I am not able to download rm file to my disk. Do you know why?

------------------

wow, what I could see looked great! To bad it wasn't streaming video, more like a few images placed after another. But the audio was streaming.

I'm really looking forward to the movie.

------------------
"I don't watch TV. It’s a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media-elite."

I'm beyond a firewall.
frown.gif
No Real file on rtsp pass it.
crazy.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif

Does anyone has downloaded it on his hard disk and put it somewhere ?
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
"And so it begins..." (Kosh, December 2258)

Ok Watched the Snippit ( Even though it meant installing Real *!&##&@)#$&$@& on my computer) and WOW
Was great hearing G`Kar's voice again
smile.gif

And well thats it, the whole thing looks nice and polished , so hoping for a favourable Movie, and upcoming Series
smile.gif

------------------
John Simpson
http://users.bigpond.net.au/spectre
Nighthawk on #babylon5 , Oz.Org Servers

Cobols Wordy and Confining
Cobolts Metal Hard and Shiny
Kobolds crumble when you Strike them
Don't be sad its hard to like them.
:The Roguelets ABC

Latest posts

Members online