• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WB to remove JMS commentary on Crusade DVD's

Sinclair

WB to remove JMS commentary on Crusade DVD\'s

I just read this over at tvshowsondvd.com. Not too sure why he wants the commentary pulled, but he says it's what they agreed on. Anyway, there's just some more random info about JMS here.

Re: WB to remove JMS commentary on Crusade DVD\'s

JMS specifically told them he would do a Commentary for Crusade, IF they allowed him to set the record straight on what TNT Atlanta did to sabotage Crusade. They agreed to allow him to tell the whole story. He recorded the Commentary with the whole story, and when he viewed the product that was selling, he discovered they had shafted him, and edited out the part that was most important to him, so, he demanded they remove it, since the deal they agreed to was All or nothing.

The agreement that JMS had was that WB would allow him to tell the truth about TNT. When the DVD's were released WB had removed his comments and placed another segment in their place.

See JMSNews 12/10/2004
www.jmsnews.com

OK I was a little late.

Thanks guys. I don't own the Crusade DVD's and hadn't really followed up on anything about them, so for all I knew, this was breaking news. :D

Don't I just feel out of the loop? :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. I don't own the Crusade DVD's and hadn't really followed up on anything about them, so for all I knew, this was breaking news. :D

Don't I just feel out of the loop? :rolleyes:

To see what JMS said about the true TNT story at the Hawthorne convention last year, check out Hawthorne transcript which tells what he was going through in order to agree to do the commentary.

Jan

I say we go ahead and directly quote that portion of the convention transcript! :D

JMS: I want the real truth to come out. Including the fact...I ran into some guys who worked for TNT about two years after Crusade went down. And they said, "Did you ever hear the rest of the story?" JMS: "What rest of the story?" TNT guys: "We found out, we did a research survey, a five year long study of our ratings. This was just after Crusade got going. And, we found out that the audience for B5 came for B5, then left afterward. And the TNT regular viewers didn't stick around for B5 and went away and came back. B5 wasn't adding to our viewer base." So...they decided to pull the plug on Crusade for that reason and use the money to buy another show. But they couldn't say that because they'd be in breach of contract with Warner Bros. So their job was to make it impossible for us so they could then say, "We aren't getting the show we want, our notes aren't being dealt with, therefore we aren't responsible, we're canceling the show, this is your nut Warner Bros., you take care of it." That is why all the notes became so egregious. If I had given them everything they wanted, they still would have pulled the plug. They just wanted out. Yeah, I want that information out there.

I say we go ahead and directly quote that portion of the convention transcript! :D

<sob> Fine! Make it easy on them! Don't make them slog through the entire thing. All my hard work, just copy and paste the parts you want....</sob> ;)

Jan
(with thanks again to StarStuff for the tape)

Ah, but you see, it's enticing! Read this, go wow, then move on to the rest of the transcript because: What else did jms say!? Get 'em wantin' more and all that!

Ah, but you see, it's enticing! Read this, go wow, then move on to the rest of the transcript because: What else did jms say!? Get 'em wantin' more and all that!

Nice save! <g>

Jan

*watches casually as yet another thread sets sail for NC-17 land*

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back