• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Divided Loyalties

Who is your favorite member?

• Total voters
all-around solid episode. I liked when all the station staff were paraded in and got "the look".
A.

Yea, I am surprised the episode didn't get more "A" votes. It was a very solid episode from start to finish, and it tied together several important plot points.

I was just a bit dissappointed that the Susan/ Talia relationship wasn't exploresd just a bit more. During first run, I was always expecting to see Talia back since so much time was devoted to the concept of Ironheart's "Gift".

Me too, actually. But the bitter reality is the actress playing Talia wanted to leave the show.

I think JMS really showed his brilliance for writing a flexible arc, actually. :cool:

It was a shame to lose Talia, but at least she went out with a bang. Its probably the best Lyta episode actually, too. It would have been interesting to see where they would have taken Talia if she had stayed. Would the Talia/Ivanova relationship have continued?

I remember when I first saw this. The UK got to see the last four episodes of season 2 before anyone else did, which was pretty cool.

I don't know if I would say it's Lyta's best episode in the entire series, but it is nice to see her again.

RW has a very good point there. Lyta did get the better storylines.

She did? When?

I'm trying to think of episodes that featured Lyta. She only really came into her own in season 5, and there she was mired down by all the Byron stuff. Maybe Wheel of Fire was a good Lyta episode. Can't think of many others though.

I think Divided Loyalties was a good Lyta episode partly becaue it was her first apearance since the Gathering, it was one of her better performances and it was before she got into all the Vorlon stuff. It just feels fresher than the other episodes.

RW has a very good point there. Lyta did get the better storylines.

She did? When?

I'm trying to think of episodes that featured Lyta. She only really came into her own in season 5, and there she was mired down by all the Byron stuff. Maybe Wheel of Fire was a good Lyta episode. Can't think of many others though.

I think Divided Loyalties was a good Lyta episode partly becaue it was her first apearance since the Gathering, it was one of her better performances and it was before she got into all the Vorlon stuff. It just feels fresher than the other episodes.

Off the top of my head:

Passing Through Gethsemane
- Lyta rips the info, out of the Centauri teep.

Walkabout
- Lyta finds out what the Shadows did to Kosh (via hand contact with Sheridan) and blocks her first Battlecrab. Later, "And so it begins," the old Kosh says to Lyta. And Lyta realized that a piece of Kosh Naranek may have survived, somewhere.

...and the episode when Lyta goes to the Drazi homeworld with Franklin. :D

"What do you mean I'm a good liar? I'm a terrible liar!" Squee! I love that scene in "Between The Darkness And The Light". "I don't know who, and I don't know how, but by God I'm going to sue somebody!"

"What do you mean I'm a good liar? I'm a terrible liar!" Squee! I love that scene in "Between The Darkness And The Light". "I don't know who, and I don't know how, but by God I'm going to sue somebody!"

Presumably I'm the only one who hated that scene then.

Passing through Gethsemane- a great episode, I'd forgotten about that. Not sure how much of its greatness depended on Lyta though. As for Walkabout, good action, but that's about it. Nothing about Lyta's character there really grabs me.

Springer, I have always really loved that "liar" scene, but, I was surprised by the praise for it prior to your post, because I do remember people "groaning" about it being over the top when it first aired, so I don't think you're neccessarily alone in your feelings.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back