• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Legends & Crusade?

Psylent1

How will Legends of the Rangers fit into the B5 timeline? Before or after Crusade, The Telepath War and the end of B5?

------------------
Shhh! I'm Lurking!!

Hey, Psylent!
smile.gif

Legends takes place roughly three years (so, we're talking about 2265) after the second to last episode of B5 (Objects at Rest). This would be before Crusade as well as A Call To Arms, but after the Telepath War.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Here's the general timeline:

2257 - The Gathering
2258 - B5 Season 1
2259 - B5 Season 2
2260 - B5 Season 3
2261 - B5 Season 4
2262 - B5 Season 5
2263-66? - Telepath "crisis"
2263-67 - Legend of the Rangers
2267 - Drakh Attack/ACtA/Crusade Season 1
2271 - Drakh removed from Centauri Prime
2282 - Sleeping in Light

Of course, the dates for the telepath crisis and Legend aren't set in stone. (Unless someone has their Teep Trilogy in close proximity and cares to clarify the timeline a bit.) However, it is know that Legend does fall in the part of the timeline between the end of B5 Season 5 and the start of Crusade.

------------------
---
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

Well, as Ivanova said, B5LR is 3 years on from the end of season five B5 sort of thing.

But that timeline is handy, thanks. I didn't know Crusade was set later. I just assumed it was like there was a season six B5.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Actually, I think that JMS has just recently confirmed that "Legends" and "Crusade" will overlap by three--that's right, THREE--whole years, so we are going to get the resolution to the Drakh plague crisis told on-screen (huzzah!), as well as who-knows-what other surprises Straczynski is going to throw at us along the way.

Plus, don't be very surprised either if cast members from "Crusade" and the _Excalibur_ itself turn up on the new series; all of the cast members have been foaming at the mouth for the chance to return to the B5 universe, and I *guarantee* we'll see them pop up again in places.

------------------

AntonyF,

Yep, watch A Call To Arms...Its only five years after B5, and Sheridan looks soo old. *cries* Damn the short lifespan!!!

Hey, here's a question: The flashforward (*L* that works) of 17 years in the future in War Without End for Sheridan, is what happens to him there ever explained in a book or a story somewhere? I'm just wondering how Sheridan and Delenn got out of that, and to where Sleeping In Light is.

Leto II, welcome to the board! *S* Heh, that's wonderful!!

I hope so!! It would be nice to see some of the Crusade cast with some of the B5 cast...ohh, this is going to be so great!! *bounces*

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

The Drakh "leave" Centauri Prime in 2278 (Legions of Fire Book III: Out of the Darkness).

------------------

I stand corrected... so here's the modified timeline.

2257 - The Gathering
2258 - B5 Season 1
2259 - B5 Season 2
2260 - B5 Season 3
2261 - B5 Season 4
2262 - B5 Season 5
2263 - Telepath "crisis?"
2264 - "
2265 - LOTR Season 1
2266 - LOTR Season 2
2267 - ACtA/Crusade Season 1/LOTR Season 3
2268 - LOTR Season 4/Drakh cure found?
2269 - LOTR Season 5
2278 - Drakh "leave" Centauri Prime
2282 - Sleeping in Light

------------------
---
WombatControl

LOTR season five?

Has JMS said something about if it goes to series, it will be five years? I don't recall seeing that - or is that personal speculation?

------------------
Joe Siegler
Webmaster - 3D Realms

There was a trilogy of books recently published about the whole Centauri Prime situation, and the third one "Out of the Darkness" dealt with what happened during Sheridan's jump into the future.

------------------
The innocent lie because they don't want to be blamed for something they didn't do and the guilty lie because they don't have any other choice.

Yeah, I'm being optimistic on that one... I'd imagine that the plan is to do another 5-year series, but there's no word on that yet. However, there would be an overlap with Crusade should the potential series go on for more than two years.

------------------
WombatControl

Hello all!
One thing about the timeline here. Remember that in 2262 Garibaldi and Lyta (sp?) made their deal. Garibaldi had two years to grow the bank accounts for Lyta. This would put us in 2264. JMS has been pretty true to his porjected timelines in tha past. Unless I missed a date in the Bester books, the teep war started and ended in 2264. JMS has posted in various places that LOTR occurs and the near end or just after the teep war. He has stated that Lyta is so very dead by the time that LOTR starts.

Any thoughts?

------------------
Those who can see the invisible, can do the impossible...

If Crusade is not to return, I sincerely hope JMS brings back the talent of Evan Chen. His style is unique, different, and very cool. Christopher Franke did quite splendidly with b5, but it's time for something new and different. If it isn't possible for Evan to return, i hope the music will still be far out and different. Something that will set the tone for The B5LR pilot and/or series. (Please sci-fi, don't mess with JMS, leave him be and your ratings will be the highest ever, do a TNT WWF Alien Babewatch and we'll never forgive you.)

------------------

According to the Crusade Writer's Guide the Teep War begins in 2264 (after Lyta's return) and ends in 2265. The month is not given for either year.

Since JMS has been so careful about writing around the Teep War, I assume that he's saving it for something, possibly a feature film, and that both To Live and Die and the Rangers series will largely avoid it. (Except possibly for glimpses to keep the topic alive, ala Crusade and "The Nautilus Coil")

And unless JMS and Netter go wildly over budget or produce an absolute piece of crap in To Live and Die in Starlight, Rangers is going to be a series. Sci-Fi's other "original" shows are struggling badly and many are getting beat in the ratings by a limited run of a series that was cancelled before it even got on the air and by the umpteenth rerun of a show that was hanging on by its fingernails in semi-syndication - a show in its second run on Sci-Fi. They want a series from Babylonian.

Here's the latest from JMS re: timing.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>To explain: we shoot the Rangers MOW May/June. The other (still TWCBN, alas) series would begin prep July/August, and labor relations permitting) shoot right after Labor Day (I just realized how appropriate that is...that's damned funny).

Shooting the 20 hours involved in The Other Project will take us through January, maybe into early February. If Rangers goes as a series, we'd probably start shooting in February/March. We've even discussed having crew going from one project to the other, and just rotating between them.

jms<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TWCBN is "That Which Cannot Be Named", the term JMS used on-line for B5 before Warner Bros. finally announced the launch of PTEN and the shows it would carry.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

Ah.. Joe D.

"Still alive old friend?"

Well, at last we can have some debates on neutral teritory again. No edit feature looming over you here. Not that I ever had to use it on you at ISN. LOL

Do you think the writers strike is going to hit "The Project" before Showtime makes the announcement?
And, as a follow up, do you need more things to do at home man. You beat me here.. I am so perplexed. But I used to do the same thing when I worked at home. LOL

------------------
For even more info on B5 visit us at www.isnnews.net

"Yes, still alive. You've managed to kill just about everyone else, but like a poor marksman you ... keep ... missing the target."
smile.gif

Hmmmm....

I'm not sure that TWCBN is Jeremiah. It may be something else entirely.
wink.gif

Anyway the WGA strike would start May 2nd, adn the SAG strike would start July 1st. Whoever JMS is working with on TWCBN has already decided that there is no time to get things up and running before the deadlines. When he first mentioned the deal (which I think was in February) JMS mentioned that the network concerned planned to start work in the Fall, after the strikes. Presumably this means that nothing has been done beyond (probably) writing the pilot script. Casting and all the rest will have to wait on the outcome of the union negotiations. At least the WGA and the studios went back to the bargaining table last week. Both sides are caucusing over the weekend and talks will resume tomorrow.

I hope things get settled soon so we can find out exactly what he's got going.
smile.gif

And, unfortunately, what I'm currently doing is not working at home.
smile.gif
Got laid off awhile back and went back to school to get my replace my Novell Networking Certification with the Microsoft Version, since they seem to have taken over the business while I wasn't looking. So I've got way too much time on my hands these days.
laugh.gif
With any luck that won't last too long. I finish school next week, and then have to sit seven brutal exams to get that precious piece of paper. After that I don't expect to have too much trouble finding a job.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

Back