• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Marcus is in cryo for 300 years

minbari73

I read somewhere on the moderated group that
Marcus Cole would be in Cryofreeze for 300 years until revived - thats 300 years after LOTR, judging from the 'canon' short story by JMS -

So whats with the petition ? Wishful thinking about something that would screw totally with continuity ?

Also this talk about Lennier being in the new
show is kind of a moot point as its already been established that he dies sometime before LOTR and perhaps even Crusade

cool site btw !

Hey Minbari73, welcome to B5LR! Woohoo! You're our third Australian! Been to Brissie? That's where I am.
smile.gif

I also heard that Lennier died not long after Babylon 5 ended (not after the final episode, as that was in the future).

I kinda liked Lennier, but he was a little too...nïave, I suppose, or perhaps too polite... As Londo once said, "It is the quiet ones who change the universe, the loud ones only take the credit." Did Lennier really do much? I don't think so...
smile.gif

Your pagh is strong, my child.

>>You're our third Australian!

"everything is three "

WWOE

>>Been to Brissie? That's where I am.
smile.gif

I've never left the state - which is Perth

Yeah he never really did much except pilot the whitestar through a few major battles..saved Dellenn a couple of times, saved face for a clan or two and leaders of the religious cast and acolytes - things would definitely be different in the B5 universe if it weren't Mr.Lennier. But alas he did betray Sheridan through inaction. Poor guy, out of all the characters on the show, its Lennier and Marcus that i most identify with. I wish it could be Sheridan but, as Frankie says....thats liff

------------------

Well, I, and I'm sure a lot of others who have signed the petition, are hoping the story -won't- be considered continuity. From what I have heard, the story really sucks and the characters involved are sooo out of character to the point of being absurd. I still want to read the story, anyway...so, if someone owns the story in question, could you PLEASE e-mail me offlist? I would -really- appreciate it.
smile.gif

A bit more could have been done with Lennier, but I wouldn't say that he didn't do a lot. He's one of those under-appreciated characters who fall into the same loop as Vir, Lyta, and the Official B5 whipping boy himself, Lt. Corwin.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Hmm I think if JMS wrote it, he's less likely to go back on his own story -
This review makes it sound quite good and i too would like an e-text version
http://babylon5.miningco.com/tvradio/babylon5/library/weekly/aa062500a.htm

The fate of Ivanova is revealed in this review - well not actually how she died but a brief overview of her life and how it affected Marcus. If he were to be revived during Sheridans final 17 years then it would go back on whats already been told - here AND in the series - suitable technology to revive him comes far in the future.

In my opinion it'll be Dellenn (Ranger One until Ivanova takes over in SIL) who'll be in the tele-movie. It's only logical and it doesn't go against anything thats canon ie: any story written or approved by JMS

this aint star wars: the early years
smile.gif

------------------

He might if he has seen some of the reader reviews that I have come across.
smile.gif
Its really sad. I read a teaser of the story (its somewhere on the Wizards of the Coast website...the people who produce Amazing Stories).

Yes, I would agree, but from what I have heard, Mira Furlan is busy...be nice if she could try to get into the movie anyways.
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

I for one have a copy of the story and no matter the quality of it, if JMS wrote it, it's canon for me.
I think that he did it because of pressure from moon eyed fans for Marcus, and as such like some of his other scripts done under pressure from outside, was not his best.
As for the timing of the stories..I had heard that LOTR is supposed to take place before Crusade. Maybe I heard wrong. But if that's the case, then there is a small chance we might hear from Lennier or about him. Marcus is definitely out of the question. Delenn, and/or Sheridan are likelier candidates. Another would be Ivanova herself.
I haven't read all the info on the telemovie, so may be off the track here. Slap my hands next time okay?

'Don't. You're much too young to experience that much pain.'

PM

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotsmuppet:
I wonder how Jason Carter feels, knowing that he may face the possibility of being an Anla'Shok-cicle for 3 centuries?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cold?

------------------

I remember reading a Jason Carter interview, and the man had no idea that Marcus was somewhat of a sex symbol to lots of fans.
smile.gif

------------------

hello

I have this short story if anyone wants it e-mail me and I will reply with a copy of it.

Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

FYI I am Aussie also
smile.gif

Sydney liver!

For the Marcus coming in the show I don't think people wanted to kill continuity they wanted to have it in flashback style like Londo IN the Beginning

Hey Lennier died about the time of the teep crisis, which is about the time Lyta died and I THINK that was about two years before crusade or maybe closer then 2 year's jdging from the ISN reporter.

Deviot

Sex symbol!?

I suppose a lot of people like the British thing going on.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Marcus and Ivaniva's hair bizare.

Basically if this is the case in the future humans and aliens can basically liver forever if they continue to copy brain poatterns clone etc

Deviot

*L* Yeah...I just noticed that I have a major thing for British guys in print and film. British and Scottish guys.

------------------

Sorry folks, but Marcus CAN'T come back. For one thing, there's that short story. Now of course, you all could say JMS could just ignore that story, but it would still violiate the continuity.

"Sleeping In Light" definitely verifies that Marcus is still in cryo, not only because of Ivanova's mention of him when they are talking about their fallen commrades, but also because of the end credits.

And if they did bring him back, saying that the end credits was a joke, they'd have to kill him. Or they could have him almost die again and get frozen again, but that would be LAME.

Marcus ain't coming back unless it's in a flashback.

------------------
The innocent lie because they don't want to be blamed for something they didn't do and the guilty lie because they don't have any other choice.

I don't think Marcus is coming back. Personally, I don't like it when a character is killed off and then reappears somewhere down the line. I don't care how much I may like or dislike the character, once someone has been killed off, I think they should stay that way. Star Trek violates this rule way too much, and I am glad that B5 does not do it very often, except for the Day of the Dead, which was done very well.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sinclair:
Star Trek violates this rule way too much, and I am glad that B5 does not do it very often, except for the Day of the Dead, which was done very well.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Day of the dead is exepmt from teh rule they didn't really get resurrected as such.

It was a fun ep though I still don't undsertand about Dodger. Why did she appear to Garabaldi she didn;t grab at me nothing about her excited me or made me have a second thought about her after the ep ended

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I think Ivanova's character arc is much more interesting with Marcus *staying* dead for her lifetime. I kinda like her being the tragic type.

However, I also like the idea of Marcus being revived 300 later - also very tragic in an ironic kinda way
smile.gif

------------------
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father
Trust the Corps

Ok already..we r worried about continuity...but ..we can clone sheep can't we?? Surely that is the way to go...let's clone old blue eyes..and let us poor mere mortals have something to lust over!! Ok..he is cute..but thats not the only reason we love Marcus..he is after all ..the perfect ranger!!!Im sure with JMS's marvellous story arcs he could come up with something to satisfy all our needs...just do it!!! Sooonnnnn!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sharina:
Marcus..he is after all ..the perfect ranger!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hardly. He joined the Rangers for all the wrong reasons, don't forget.

------------------
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father
Trust the Corps

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back