• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Font used in Rangers-Huh?

Cern

Regular
So i'm poking around at Babylon 5 Fonts and came upon a font called GREAT MACHINE. It clains to be reproduced from "the front of the machine
 that Draal is standing in and attached to. " It looks like this.
Gm2.gif

Anyway, heres the font from RANGERS:
pnl_06.gif

So, does this mean that the Great Machine may have some Minbari connection, besides Drall being in the drivers seat?

------------------
"Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it." -- Some old dead white guy.

nope. check your tape-this is the same font used during the opening credits, and on background set pieces throughout the movie...i remember specifically in the dennbok training hall and on board the Liandra on walls and doorways...

I'm just theorizing...maybe the squiggly Minbari font we've seen is religous caste, while the more blocky font used in RANGERS is Warrior or Worker caste...maybe 500 some years ago a group of Rangers helped build the Great machine as per Valens orders...

------------------
"Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it." -- Some old dead white guy.

My guess is that someone goofed.

Too bad, I liked the squiggly Minbari.

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Maybe, or it could also mean that some scifi.com webmaster thought he'd be sneaky and use that font to appear mysterious...
smile.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back