• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 on 'FX'

rjb

First post here, so hope this is the right forum. Please feel free to move this, if not.

A long time fan
2thumbsup.gif
, I saw many but not all episodes when it first aired here in the UK, and managed to catch most I'd missed in re-runs. I later patiently recorded it all on VHS tapes (cutting out the "essential messages") though now I have the DVDs that is all redundant, of course. But in no way do I regret the time taken for the taping. Each time I go through the series, as many have observed for themselves, I see new things or new subtleties. More on my own situation another time, perhaps. (I've 'lurked' on this site for several years, incidentally, but had to join to pass on the news :))

The news:

If anyone can receive the British cable channel 'FX', they might be interested to know that (at last
sweatdrop.gif
) Babylon 5 is being broadcast, starting with the pilot, "The Gathering", on Monday 9th November (5pm UK time) and following that with the episodes of series 1 on successive weekdays (at 6pm) - repeating each week's episodes on the following Sunday.

(Perhaps someone like Jan could pass this info on to other B5 sites where she's a member.)

Welcome out of Lurkdom, rjb! That's excellent news. Been too long since B5 was in reruns.

I'll spread the news on the sites where I post.

Jan

It is one of the very strange facts of the universe (well ... my universe) that in spite of having seen the entire show beginning to end a number of times, and in spite of owning the entire thing on DVD, I still make it a point to watch as much of it as I can whenever it comes back on TV.

Great to see it back ... and for those who have Sky, FX have two plus channels which means you can watch every episode at 6pm, 7pm and 8pm every night!!

:)

The Babylon 5 series is coming to a close on the cable channel FX here in the UK this week (eps 21 and 22 of series 5 are both on Friday 9th)

but ...

then they are showing the 5 TV films they've not shown so far ('In the Beginning', 'Thirdspace', 'River of Souls', 'A Call to Arms', ''Legend of the Rangers' - in that order) on successive weekdays the following week (each repeated the next morning, then all repeated again at the w/e), then 'The Lost Tales' on Monday 19th,

and then ...

they are starting again
, with 'The Gathering' (revised edition, I presume, as it was on the first run through) on 20th April, followed by 'Midnight' (series 1, ep 1) on 21st, and so on. (Again, each ep is repeated the next morning, and then the whole week's at the w/e.)

Good news, methinks :).

Wish B5 (and Crusade) were being shown somewhere here in the US. Here, they've been off the air (meaning both broadcast and cable) since The Sci-Fi Channel last ran them in ~2003.

I've enjoyed watching B5 on FX over the last couple of months. Last night was Lyta going ga-ga and sheridan threatening to blow her brains out (wheel of fire).

The films to look forward to next week.

All here is great.

they are starting again, with 'The Gathering' (revised edition, I presume, as it was on the first run through) on 20th April, followed by 'Midnight' (series 1, ep 1) on 21st, and so on. (Again, each ep is repeated the next morning, and then the whole week's at the w/e.)
I'm curious, what episode order do these recent UK reruns follow? Is it more or less DVD order or is it shuffled a little bit like the Chronology?

It is one of the very strange facts of the universe (well ... my universe) that in spite of having seen the entire show beginning to end a number of times, and in spite of owning the entire thing on DVD, I still make it a point to watch as much of it as I can whenever it comes back on TV.

Great, so I'm not the only one who does that. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back