• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost season 4 (spoilers)

He talked about how fans treat him with trepidation

Just a sign at how good he is at what he does. Its funny I was thinking that same thought (about how good he is at that role) when I was watching this week's episode. Man he has all the angles down, you can't trust a word he says, and hes just plain creepy. Here is a guy I never saw act in anything before but is a PERFECT fit for that role and plays it fantastically. He might be the best cast member of the show.

And I think having a shortened season may be a good thing. I heard there were only going to be 2 seasons more, but that the creators of the show really wanted this to be the final season, and ABC made them go for two. So having this season short might save us from some meaningless filler stuff that is meant to stretch things out.

Just a sign at how good he is at what he does. Its funny I was thinking that same thought (about how good he is at that role) when I was watching this week's episode. Man he has all the angles down, you can't trust a word he says, and hes just plain creepy. Here is a guy I never saw act in anything before but is a PERFECT fit for that role and plays it fantastically. He might be the best cast member of the show.

He was great in Saw too. Very different role, but I won't say too much, as ... awesome movie, do not want to spoil.

So far, I'm loving season 4. I was getting tired of the flashbacks, so the new format = good.

Man I don't even remember the first Saw.

I like that all of the actors on this show are new to me. It's one reason I believe that TV dramas, at their best, can be better quality entertainment these days than movies. Of course, "at their best" means like 2 shows to me, but still.

Wow. I'm really enjoying these last few episodes.

So time travels faster on the island than in the real world. So what may feel like a month on the island could only be a week or even a day for the outside world.

Your consciousness can travel through time, forward or backward. Desmond was the only one who experienced this on and off the island until we met George on the ship.

They still only give us more questions to ask but by doing this they are adding more pieces to the puzzle, where we can almost get a sense of what they are building. I think we are on the verge of getting some answers unless they decide to do meaningless love story arcs or tease us with who made it off the island again. I wish they would make this season into B5's season 4 where it was important arc episode after another.

So time travels faster on the island than in the real world. So what may feel like a month on the island could only be a week or even a day for the outside world.

I'm not 100% convinced that, as you stated it, is really true. It seems to be to a degree, but also seems to vary. I don't think there is a tried and true constant there. Only that due to the electromagnetic field of the island, time seems to be warped/changed in some ways and has some unusual properties we are only just beginning to understand.

Your consciousness can travel through time, forward or backward. Desmond was the only one who experienced this on and off the island until we met George on the ship.

Actually, speaking of time travel and this last episode, and your comments of consciousness being able to travel and thats it....did last week's episode have any familiar themes to it?

As I was watching it, I could only think of "War Without End" and their phrase "unstuck in time." As the episode was unfolding that is what I was saying was happening to these people. I was like --- same as with Babylon 4 --- he is unstuck in time. Then...later in the episode, they used that EXACT PHRASE. Faraday said that the rat and also Desmond were "unstuck in time." Funny that a concept from B5 ended up having to do with Lost in some way.

Not that I think the entire island plot is stolen from B5, but that concept of time was certainly present in a key plot point of B5. I also think its clear there is far more to the real story than that --- with Lost it is just a side effect. But the electromagnetic field has more time properties to be revealed --- and much more I'm sure.

Either way, to me was neat to be thinking that, then have them use that same phrase later in the episode.

So far Season 4 has been solid in each and every episode. Really liking Lost still. Really has been solid throughout except a few episodes early in Season 3...

I'm up to speed again now (I have to borrow tapes from a work colleague).

That episode was my favourite of the season to date... and a personal favourite for a long time. Desmond has definitely overtaken Locke in terms of which characters I like.

I nearly cried at the end of the episode... I'm just a big Jesse at heart.

Man I'd love a girl like Penny!

It looks like my belief at there being some kind of Illuminati of related characters...may have some weight after all. Jim Robinson... err wait, I mean Charles Widmore... was clearly very interested in the Black Rock and the Captain's logbook.... and look who the prior owner was - Hanso, the founder of the Dharma Initiative. I think he's been seeking the island himself. I think he is connected in someway to Sun's father and Locke's as well (they all have access to that extremely expensive whisky - MacCutcheon). This I admit is circumstantialbut I'm keeping tabs on it.

I agree with the idea that time works differently and not just faster. If you remember... Faraday's payload arrived late on the island. If time merely moved faster, the payload would have arrived sooner... possibly even prior to launch which would be a bit mad and would probably result in a paradox.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

They killed Mira.
Shit.....

Not really surprised though. Her character has largely stood around ever since she emerged from the jungle two seasons ago. They seemed to have run out of story for her.

Oh well.

Looks that way. I like how it seems apparent that Ben let them into a trap. Yea she was pretty useless the last season and a half, so what really was there to do with her?

Ben is pretty much the reason I watch this show anymore. He's turned into the best kind of villain- truly believing he's doing good while sending people to their deaths for petty personal reasons while excusing it with his cause and the technicality that he doesn't kill them personally.

He's like the guy from Saw.

Though I am now getting to the point where I'm frustrated by not knowing what the real motives behind the two sides of this "war" are.

I'm assuming the reasons are control of the island and its properties, but there is probably more to it.

Speaking of Saw. I watched the first one and liked it. Now there are like 4 of them or something. Which are the good ones among the sequels so I can watch the good ones and skip the crap? :)

IMO, the first Saw is the truly great one, because it's smaller in scope, and lower budget, and new, therefore more creepy and disturbing. Each successive one gets more and more elaborate and ridiculous. I haven't seen 4 but have no plans to- I think I already got the point.

I loved the first one. I enjoyed the sequels too, as they do have cool traps - the Saw series really releases my innter psychopat. I'm not much into horror in general, but I almost get off on the "choices" Jigsaw gives his victims in his traps.

Nevertheless, the sequels have no reason to exist. The plots are nonsensical, the characters are comic, and the "twists" in the end get lamer and lamer.

I just finished watching the 8th episode of Season 4 and I think it's a great show but it could be done in not more than three seasons instead of six.I know a lot of people who stopped watching the series because everything happens too slowly.After all Season 4 is almost over and we still don't have any straight answers to the numerous mysteries of the island.I know that's the way that those TV shows are made and more episodes mean more money for the producers but at some point the viewers become "lost" in the story arc.It's like all the mysteries of B5 to be resolved in the Fifth Season.

You are right they definitely dragged it out more than they had to. They almost lost me as a viewer but damn my laziness and my lack of anything better to do. What I would recommend for anyone thinking of watching the show on DVD and catching up is wait until the series is over and then ask people if it was worth it.

Part of the reason for that drag seemed to be ABC's reluctance to settle on how many seasons they wanted. As a result, the producers were afraid to reveal anything too quickly. Now, at least, they have a commitment for a given number of hours and the storyline should pace really well from here on out.

39 hours and counting.

Last edited:
They killed Mira.
Shit.....

Not really surprised though. Her character has largely stood around ever since she emerged from the jungle two seasons ago. They seemed to have run out of story for her.

Oh well.

I hope that she was only wounded.Mira Furlan was the reason I started watching "Lost" at the first place.

Back