• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Knocked Up

GKarsEye

Regular
Knocked Up, the new comedy by writer/director Judd Apatow, is getting rave reviews. Apatow is the same guy who made The 40 Yr Old Virgin, which is my favorite comedy since... well, as long as I can remember.

Knocked Up stars much of the same cast and is the same kind of humor, so obviously if you dig one you'll dig the other.

I found it, of course, absolutely hilarious. The story is simple- one-night stand leads to pregnancy.

Like The 40 Yr Old Virgin, the underlying genius of the movie is to defend very traditionalist values (waiting until marriage in one and "doing the right thing" in case of an accident in the other) in the context of very modern and often absolutely filthy humor. The simple story frameworks allow the script to breathe and the wonderful actors to do their thing.

These movies have done what I thought was impossible- made me actually enjoy romantic comedies.

My gf and I watched Knocked Up last week and both found it hilarious! The insults the guys fling back and forth at each other reminds me of how my friends and I act most of the time.

In the front row of the theater a couple walked out of the movie about 30 minutes into it. I'm guessing it had something to do with the F-bomb being dropped all the time. I always find i amusing when people leave movies because it offends them.

I really want to see this, being 9 months pregnant myself (and after only having dated the guy for 5 months AND being on the pill.) Woops.

I loved the 40 Year Old Virgin.

Every time I see the previews on TV for this movie I say, "There's Izzy!" in referrence to Katherine Heigl's character on Grey's Anatomy. :LOL: I love that show! :D

My wife and I saw it last night and we both cracked up for almost the entire movie. Everyone I know that's seen it has loved it. Great humor, great cast, and a realistic storyline (yeah, right).

Back