• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Thread on SciFi-Messageboard

Hello everyone,

when I looked today to the scifi-board about B5LR I found a new thread where someone wants you to "boycot SciFi".
The thread
What do you think about this ?

------------------
"No one here is exactly what he appears" - G´Kar (Babylon 5)
"No one there is exactly what he seems" - G´Kar (LOTR)

I agree but we are too few to even make a difference.

------------------
We live for the one, we die for the one. and... I am the one.

No one ever wins from stuff like this. It really casts things in a negative light, and does more harm than good.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I think Lafe's reply on that thread sums up my response to the idea. "Just plain foolish." What good could boycotting Scifi do, when we want them to do something really nice for us? Not only would it not affect them (very much, at least), but it would definitely hurt the cause. At this point in the game, we just need to be patient. Personally, I won't stop watching Scifi even if they decide against a Rangers series. They've been good to us, and I am thankful for everything they've given us, regardless of anything in the future.

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because it's the only thing no one has figured out how to kill yet."

Not to be missunderstood:
I did not say that I feel happy about this thread on SciFi-board. I only wanted to get your opinions here about this...

Greetings from Germany

Matthias

------------------
"No one here is exactly what he appears" - G´Kar (Babylon 5)
"No one there is exactly what he seems" - G´Kar (LOTR)

I think when the PTB reads stuff like that they immediately dismiss it as being from nutcases.

Every single bb on scifi.com gets a post like that now and again.

------------------

Boycott Sci-Fi? Absolutely not!

Even if we don't get a Rangers series, Sci-Fi will remain on my viewing list.

If we didn't have Sci-Fi, Rangers wouldn't have even been TALKED about in the first place...

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Boycott Sci-Fi? Absolutely not!

Even if we don't get a Rangers series, Sci-Fi will remain on my viewing list.

If we didn't have Sci-Fi, Rangers wouldn't have even been TALKED about in the first place...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we should make it clear. The person was talking about boycotting scifi.com - just for the first week in march...

1. Nobody at The Sci-Fi Channel would notice.
2. If they did notice, it would not have a positive effect.

Hence, it's not worth doing.

I only rarely go over to their bboards anymore, but that's because their bboards are not as good as this one.

I am already essentially boycotting The Sci-Fi Channel (though not for those reasons, and I certainly haven't told them (like they'd care
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
).

I was going to tell them that I've dropped the channel, but would pick it back up immediately if they took Rangers and/or Crusade to series, but decided against it, because I thought it would reflect badly on Rangers and Crusade.

I dropped it just to save some bucks, that's all. All the stuff that they're showing in the foreseeable future, I either have on tape, or don't care to see. Why flush $27.45/month down the drain for nothing?
crazy.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Greetings from the U.S. German Sinclair.
smile.gif

I agree with the others here that have said that boycotting Scifi is foolish and makes no sense. And besides, do they really pay attention to posts on their own board? From what I have learned, no. So what good would it do because they wouldn't see it anyway? Plus they need to know that B5 fans want a Ranger series, and saying that we are mad at them would not matter for anything good in any decision they might make to go ahead with a series.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

Latest posts

Members online

Back