• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade episode order

This was the order given in the B5 magazine:

January 2267 War Zone
February 2267 The Long Road
March 2267 Appearances and Other Deceits
New grey uniforms introduced
March/April 2267 The Memory of War
April 2267 The Needs of Earth
May 2267 Racing the Night
13/14 May 2267 Visitors From Down the Street
May 2267 Each Night I Dream of Home
Accident in laundry destroys all grey uniforms
June 2267 The Path of Sorrows
June 2267 Patterns of the Soul
June 2267 Ruling From the Tomb
July 2267 The Rules of the Game
July 2267 The Well of Forever

This order eradicates most of the continuity problems. The only signifiant one that remains is Lochley and Gideon introducing themselves in Ruling from the Tomb, several weeks after having met in Each Night I Dream of Home.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Demon:
<font color=yellow>This was the order given in the B5 magazine:

January 2267 War Zone
February 2267 The Long Road
March 2267 Appearances and Other Deceits
New grey uniforms introduced
March/April 2267 The Memory of War
April 2267 The Needs of Earth
May 2267 Racing the Night
13/14 May 2267 Visitors From Down the Street
May 2267 Each Night I Dream of Home
Accident in laundry destroys all grey uniforms
June 2267 The Path of Sorrows
June 2267 Patterns of the Soul
June 2267 Ruling From the Tomb
July 2267 The Rules of the Game
July 2267 The Well of Forever

This order eradicates most of the continuity problems. The only signifiant one that remains is Lochley and Gideon introducing themselves in Ruling from the Tomb, several weeks after having met in Each Night I Dream of Home.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Excellent! Three in my corner but I suspect JMS has the deciding vote. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gangster:
<font color=yellow>Excellent! Three in my corner but I suspect JMS has the deciding vote. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

But if I go along with JMS, I'd have to junk War Zone, and call me biased (OK obsessed /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif) but I won't throw away ANYTHING with Gary Cole in it /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Demon:
<font color=yellow>But if I go along with JMS, I'd have to junk War Zone, and call me biased (OK obsessed /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif) but I won't throw away ANYTHING with Gary Cole in it /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I'm not about to junk War Zone either. I'm in the corner where War Zone is ep #1. When I rerecorded to take out the commericals, I lined up the episodes so War Zone begins the series.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> The only signifiant one that remains is Lochley and Gideon introducing themselves in Ruling from the Tomb, several weeks after having met in Each Night I Dream of Home. <hr></blockquote>

So which do people prefer? Showing "Ruling from the Tomb" before "Each Night I Dream of Home" and ignoring the date seen in the background - since character building and interaction is more important - or showing them in order closer to on-screen date-stamps?

I'd rather see "Ruling From the Tomb" before "Each Night I Dream of Home" and ignore the date shown in the background in favour of character interaction.

But if you do it that way round, the dialogue makes even less sense. In ENIDOH, Gdeon talks about a 'first date', but they had dinner in Ruling From the Tomb. If you see Ruling first, they can't be having a 'first date' in ENIDOH!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Well I guess, however you put it, Crusade will always some chronological discrepancies.

lol, from Tachyon lol

"Scientists responsible for the mapping of the human genome will now turn their long-term attention to finding a coherent running order for the first 13 episodes of Babylon 5: Crusade."

gotta love those guys

Okay ... anyone want to try watching parts of episodes before other parts and going back and forth like that? I'm sure we could get a better order if we just put ever individual scene into an empty spoo barrel and drew them out at random. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif J/K

I don't remember the order in which I watched Crusade the first time (I *think* it might have been the UK order) but this second time I just watched them in random order, i.e. the order in which the tapes I had ordered from Amazon arrived in the mail.

I don't think it hurt anything too badly. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I did watch Racing the Night first though, just to get an idea of what it would be like as the first ep, and have to say I liked it as a starter.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kribu:
<font color=yellow>I did watch Racing the Night first though, just to get an idea of what it would be like as the first ep, and have to say I liked it as a starter.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

ICAM! It's a much better opener than War Zone

108 War Zone
107 The Long Road
106 The Well of Forever
109 The Path of Sorrows
111 Ruling from the Tomb
113 Appearances and Other Deceits

103 Racing the Night
102 The Memory of War
101 The Needs of Earth
104 Visitors from Down the Street
105 Each Night I Dream of Home

110 Patterns of the Soul
112 The Rules of the Game

Official Leopald(tm) approved..
It doesn't have any conflicts at all besides the mysterious uniform switchback

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by traveller:
<font color=yellow>
It doesn't have any conflicts at all besides the mysterious uniform switchback</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Sorry, but it does. It has Ruling From the Tomb before Each Night I Dream of Home. In RFTT Gideon and Lochley have dinner together. In ENIDOH, he talks about not serving something bigger than her head on a first date. But they already had a first date in RFTT.

TNT screwed this series so badly you just can't makes sense of it /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by traveller:
<font color=yellow>108 War Zone
107 The Long Road
106 The Well of Forever
109 The Path of Sorrows
111 Ruling from the Tomb
113 Appearances and Other Deceits

103 Racing the Night
102 The Memory of War
101 The Needs of Earth
104 Visitors from Down the Street
105 Each Night I Dream of Home

110 Patterns of the Soul
112 The Rules of the Game

It doesn't have any conflicts at all besides the mysterious uniform switchback</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Actually 108 and 103 conflict with one another in how they got Eilerson. No order works if 108 is included.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>Actually 108 and 103 conflict with one another in how they got Eilerson. No order works if 108 is included.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I suspect the best way to try and make a coherent order out of Crusade is to put all 13 episode numbers in a hat and have a drawing. Whatever order the episodes are drawn then becomes the "correct" order. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gangster:
<font color=yellow>I suspect the best way to try and make a coherent order out of Crusade is to put all 13 episode numbers in a hat and have a drawing. Whatever order the episodes are drawn then becomes the "correct" order. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

No, it can be done more logically than that.

BTW, that's probably the way Sci-Fi picks their new shows.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back