• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New B5 coming?

...in the case of Daniel Dae Kim, busy and way too expensive to use....

I'm excited that one of those bits of business is his having voiced a character for the upcoming (next year) Legend of Korra, spinoff of Avatar The Last Airbender. He did a voice for a character in one episode of ATLA ("The Avatar State"), but with his name having been part of those announced already for the cast of LOK, I would guess that this LOK character will be in more than one ep.

Actually, I'd like to see a complete re-think of the whole crusade project. The overall story can remain the same, but, I dunno, ship-based shows? Kinda' done to death, and kinda' derivative beyond that. And there only being *one* ship given the size of the problem, the number of species in the ISA, and the number of explorer ships in Earthforce, really didn't make much sense.

It wasn't the only ship... it was just the only ship capable of carrying out part of the mandate it was issued with (namely going into areas of space formerly occupied by First One races). It was a ship that had First One tech installed and unlike the White Star fleet was large enough to house and support the labs and research facilities needed to work on potential cures discovered at source. While Explorer ships would have the research capability... they'd be cut to ribbons on Drakh encounters... and appear quite sluggish... and even on some of the adventures we briefly saw on Crusade... they would have not survived. So Alliance & Earth ships would be searching conventional sources for the cure, but the White Stars were going into the riskier parts of space and finding leads for Excalibur to follow up on.

Yeah, I realize, but in actual practice it was just another ship-based show, which has been done eleventy jillion times. I'd prefer something less ship-based and with a broader scope. Same characters, same plot, same perils, just a different framework.

...in the case of Daniel Dae Kim, busy and way too expensive to use....

I'm excited that one of those bits of business is his having voiced a character for the upcoming (next year) Legend of Korra, spinoff of Avatar The Last Airbender. He did a voice for a character in one episode of ATLA ("The Avatar State"), but with his name having been part of those announced already for the cast of LOK, I would guess that this LOK character will be in more than one ep.

He was also in a couple episodes of JLU. He's a pretty good voice actor, even though it's clearly not his main gig.

Actually, I'd like to see a complete re-think of the whole crusade project. The overall story can remain the same, but, I dunno, ship-based shows? Kinda' done to death, and kinda' derivative beyond that. And there only being *one* ship given the size of the problem, the number of species in the ISA, and the number of explorer ships in Earthforce, really didn't make much sense.

It wasn't the only ship... it was just the only ship capable of carrying out part of the mandate it was issued with (namely going into areas of space formerly occupied by First One races). It was a ship that had First One tech installed and unlike the White Star fleet was large enough to house and support the labs and research facilities needed to work on potential cures discovered at source. While Explorer ships would have the research capability... they'd be cut to ribbons on Drakh encounters... and appear quite sluggish... and even on some of the adventures we briefly saw on Crusade... they would have not survived. So Alliance & Earth ships would be searching conventional sources for the cure, but the White Stars were going into the riskier parts of space and finding leads for Excalibur to follow up on.

Yeah, I realize, but in actual practice it was just another ship-based show, which has been done eleventy jillion times.

And THIS time, you could've seen a ship-based show DONE WELL, a JMS'd ship-based show, that would include many ships and many races.

I'd prefer something less ship-based and with a broader scope. Same characters, same plot, same perils, just a different framework.

I don't; I'd want CRUSADE restarted with the same characters and actors, ESPECIALLY Gideon/Cole, Eilerson/Brooks, Dureena/Dobro and Matheson/DDK.

Yeah, I realize, but in actual practice it was just another ship-based show, which has been done eleventy jillion times.

And THIS time, you could've seen a ship-based show DONE WELL, a JMS'd ship-based show, that would include many ships and many races.

I'd prefer something less ship-based and with a broader scope. Same characters, same plot, same perils, just a different framework.

I don't; I'd want CRUSADE restarted with the same characters and actors, ESPECIALLY Gideon/Cole, Eilerson/Brooks, Dureena/Dobro and Matheson/DDK.

I just don't care about the ships, you know? Been there, done that, too many times. Any ship-based show eventually becomes *about* the ship, or rather the ship becomes a character. It's cliche. Conversely, look at the latter years of SG1, or SGA, where they have a slew of starships, but they're never viewed romantically. They're just a means to an end. I'd prefer something like that, you know? Don't even name 'em, just "Whitestar 23 will take you to planet Clausiff IV, where you'll investigate blah blah blah. Galen will swing by in about a week to pick you up on his little witch-ship"

Call me sadistic if you want but I prefer the Stargate and B5 approach to ships, a means to an end rather than a plausable and full part of the story... but mainly because I like to see the good guys takin some hits, i want to see the good guys get hurt and maybe even die... it makes the story so much more dark and realistic... if you have but one ship then you can't really loose the ship without ending the series..... granted there was the same weakness to having one station as the focus but being used to being stationary the crew could always have evaced to the planet.... but being able to view and be emotionally connected (in a small way) to entire fleets of ships makes the story so much more touching when they get blown up.
Like I said, sadistic...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back