• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 coming back??

Maagic

Regular
Saw this on AICN

"The biggest announcement I'll paraphrase: Every 6 months, I get together with WB to discuss what to do something with B5. The DVD sales have raised over 500 million in revenue. Now, I produced B5s 110 episodes at about 90 million dollars. Somehow, B5 is still 50 million in the red. Every time I mention that to WB they say We made a good deal, huh? Anyway, they asked if I wanted to do a feature film but I declined mainly because I can't yet picture structuring a B5 movie as long as [Andreas Katsulas] and [Richard Biggs] insist on staying dead. Maybe in a year or two I'll be able to but right now I can't do something big and those two roles will NOT be recast.

So I thought about it, and I suggested a bunch of short films. Little mini-movies or an anthology show set in the Babylon 5 universe. I pick a character and develop an hour-long story around that character. Stories that I wanted to tell during the B5 series but never had the chance to develop. They said, Okay. I said I wanted complete creative control. Do not change my words that I write, and I want that in writing. They said, Okay. And I want to direct. They said, Okay.

This project was green lit less than two weeks ago. Its going to happen. Production starts in September in Vancouver, Canada. Post-production will occur from October to February with a release of the first three anthologies in the second quarter of 2007."

Also, regarding a new B5 computer game...

"The other tidbit dealt with the question will there be a B5 computer game soon? Jms said he could not talk about it now, but that in two weeks expect something big to be announced. He hinted that if you ever wanted to live in the B5 universe, you might get your chance. Now, either thats a super holobrothel or a MMORPG. Im hoping for the former."

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=23963

People are just overly excited. Over on LiveJournal, someone today excitedly posted a link to Ain't It Cool News just above my own big, long post of several days ago - a post that contains JMS's entire moderated newsgroup post in it. Sheesh.

Weve heard already, please check all posts before starting your own.

FYI I did check the first page and did not see it listed, thank you...

Every forum's gotta have their own "search nazi"...

maybe that's why this was my first post in a couple years.

Every forum's gotta have their own "search nazi"...

maybe that's why this was my first post in a couple years.

At least one, plus a redundant backup in case the others fail. :D I was chided for posting this the other day (not by Jan, of course) even though I actually posted first.

The main thing is that now the news is on all three main B5 forums so everybody should be able to find a thread with the good news.

Thanks for coming over to make sure that everybody heard, Maagic.

Jan

Look at Jan being all kind and diplomatic. :D

Thing is, some people like having forums be neat and tidy. Others care less about tidiness and think everyone should be free to post the same thing all over the place regardless of anything. This board is honestly not that active that it'd be too hard to give it a good look over in the most recently posted threads to see if the topic's already been posted. Excitement, though, can easily erode patience, or, well, any other quality that requires time be taken, which is what looking over recently active threads would require.

If I may offer one tiny bit of advice:

Look at the titles. Those who know every move of JMS's might know what the "SDCC" is, but many others probably do not. It would probably help if the titles were as straightforward as possible (like New JMS news is good).

But different people are looking for different things. Some might not know so much about the comics, and not know what such a title means (that this is a convention where JMS announced many of his work projects, including a new B5 treatment).

Just my two cents. I'd also rather hear the news four times rather than not at all. ;)

I'm not gonna repeat what I thought this said at first:

If I may offer one tiny bit of advice: Look at the titles.

It's not the NC-17 area.

I suddenly find myself wondering how many people around here have seen the movie Garden State. And if you have, you'll get my following reference. ;)

[raises his hand]

I'm not gonna repeat what I thought this said at first:

If I may offer one tiny bit of advice: Look at the titles.

It's not the NC-17 area.

I suddenly find myself wondering how many people around here have seen the movie Garden State. And if you have, you'll get my following reference. ;)

[raises his hand]

Hmm, I will have to ask VL to explain this to me elsewhere. :LOL:

Did I make a naughty reference and didn't know it? :eek:

Aaaaand VL's reference just got a little bit clearer in my mind....

Anyone else bothered by the fact that Method Man got top billing for being in that one scene, and that one scene alone? I mean, he came before Peter Saarsgard in the credits, and Saarsgard was in half the movie!

I honestly didn't pay attention to the order of the credits, but yeah, Saarsgard was totally in it more than him. Hell, there's a host of other characters that were in more scenes than Method Man.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back