• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Warner Brothers?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Does anyone know if Warner Brothers is involved with the distribution of "Babylon 5:The Legend of the Rangers" again? Just curious...How does the rating system work in terms of green lighting a project...
I have assumed that a 1.0 is very good, according to some of the ratings that have come in on "Crusades". Is this correct...A .7 is not bad? I have no idea...What is a very high rating? Obviously anything above 1.0? -Ghost R.-

------------------

Warner Bros. owns Babylon 5 and all its spin-offs. The new TV movie will be a Warner Bros. production, just like all the others have been.

The ratings may or may not be much of a factor in greenlighting the series. You can't always predict how a series will do based on a one-shot movie. Sci-Fi could even approve the series based on the finished film, without waiting to air it and check the ratings. (Most new TV series are based on pilots that are simply sample episodes and which never air at all until after the final decision has been made.) They may be more interested in seeing how well Netter & Straczynski can stay on schedule and on-budget with the new film, and what the working relationship is like with the network while they're making it. (JMS has something of a "reputation", after all.) If they finish film and everybody's still talking to everybody else, and the finished film isn't boring, they could go straight to series, the Screen Actor's Guild willing.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

For a tv series on SFC a 1.0 is very good...in fact anything above a .7 is pretty good.

For the telemovie it should pull in higher ratings than that.

At this point the ratings for it would have to be really bad for the series not to get green lit.

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

Thanks for the information! That would be great if "Legend" does higher than a 1.0...I guess that is pretty much a green light for a series then! Great!

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Back