• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Game of Thrones, HBO series

Yes, I got caught up before the start of this season.

Well when this Season ends it will likely be tougher for you than it is for others whom have been watching since the beginning. I know my mother and my aunt got caught up very quickly so they could watch Season 5 and 6 respectively. My mother binge watched Seasons 1-4 in a VERY short span of time to be ready for the Season 5 premier. My aunt watched Seasons 1-5 with my mother the next year in not as short a period of time to be ready for Season 6. Both found it infuriating that after watching so much of the show over relatively small periods of time they had to wait a year or more to watch the next season. And now it sounds like we will be waiting even longer for Season 8. :scream: :scream:

Well when this Season ends it will likely be tougher for you than it is for others whom have been watching since the beginning. I know my mother and my aunt got caught up very quickly so they could watch Season 5 and 6 respectively. My mother binge watched Seasons 1-4 in a VERY short span of time to be ready for the Season 5 premier. My aunt watched Seasons 1-5 with my mother the next year in not as short a period of time to be ready for Season 6. Both found it infuriating that after watching so much of the show over relatively small periods of time they had to wait a year or more to watch the next season. And now it sounds like we will be waiting even longer for Season 8. :scream: :scream:

I am a fan of the BBC series "Sherlock". It, and a few other BBC shows, have taught me that sometimes a little bit of quality is well worth a wait. Getting successful writers, actors, directors and crew together at the same time must be nightmarish with some of these projects.

Besides, might there not be a chance that the book series might be a little bit further along its timeline and plot? HBO was really just making up its own story completely pretty early on in its series. I can't help but wonder if the delay might not actually help improve that, at least.

Of course, the flip side of the coin: the longer we wait the higher the risk that some key people could die, go insane, become born again, or meet some other hellish demise. ;)

I tell you what, I just can't take it!!!!! I have seen too much of this show!!!!! I feel like I can now anticipate horrible things that will happen. This week there were so many things that I've waited so long to see and it still didn't always feel right, Bran seemed off for an example. Anyway I just like to vent. :scream: :LOL:

I actually have to catch up on tonight's episode and maybe even last week's. I'm getting behind on a lot of things, here. :eek:

I don't even know where to begin. I really don't care for what they are doing with Aria and Sansa. Thankfully I am sure they will resolve all issues with the help of The Three-Eyed Raven. So frustrating that there is only one episode to go and we have so long to wait. :scream:

Yeah... looks like all the good stuff was saved for the last 2 eps & we'll have another looooong wait after they cliffhang us... again. Just give Jon his Dragon, and kill Littlefinger already. Littlefinger should have been killed by episode 5 at the latest, how he survives the whole season is stupid.

I just want to know if ...
Spoiler for GOT s7e6:
...the blue eyed dragon is going to spit fire or shards of ice.

Last edited:
How did you do those spoiler tags? (Warning: Once I can do them I might go insane spouting off about all the fan theories I've heard recently because some of them had better be the direction the show goes.) :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: ;)

How did you do those spoiler tags? (Warning: Once I can do them I might go insane spouting off about all the fan theories I've heard recently because some of them had better be the direction the show goes.) :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: ;)

(spoiler=Title]Content[/spoiler]

Spoiler for Title:
Replace the open parenthesis "(" with open an open bracket "["

More BB code can be found here.

Last edited:
WooHoo THANKS!

SO I had a bunch of theories to put out there last week, but after this week I am just floored.

Spoiler for Title:
I can't believe they did the incest thing. Why would they do that? It is such an obvious soap opera moment that is just wrong. Up until now all of the incest has been between people who would be considered the bad guys. Having it happen with heroes is just wrong and off-putting.

What upsets me most about this is that I was planning my LITTLEFINGER IS FINALLY DEAD PARTY and then they went to the incest. The Littlefinger scene has to be a top ten for the show and then they ruin it by putting our heroes in that situation all to be sensational and get them into bed together.

Also the thing with the wall and the dragon looked cool, but I feel it was kind of a dumb idea. Honestly all the Night King had to do was fly over The Wall with other Whitewalkers and they could raise another Army of The Dead. Plus they could fly over and attack Eastwatch from the south and then just ope the door. The thing with the dragon was not real believable, but like I said it looked cool. :LOL:

So all, but one aspect of the finally was fanfriggintastic. :thumbsup:

WooHoo THANKS!

SO I had a bunch of theories to put out there last week, but after this week I am just floored.

Spoiler for Title:
I can't believe they did the incest thing. Why would they do that? It is such an obvious soap opera moment that is just wrong. Up until now all of the incest has been between people who would be considered the bad guys. Having it happen with heroes is just wrong and off-putting.

What upsets me most about this is that I was planning my LITTLEFINGER IS FINALLY DEAD PARTY and then they went to the incest. The Littlefinger scene has to be a top ten for the show and then they ruin it by putting our heroes in that situation all to be sensational and get them into bed together.

Also the thing with the wall and the dragon looked cool, but I feel it was kind of a dumb idea. Honestly all the Night King had to do was fly over The Wall with other Whitewalkers and they could raise another Army of The Dead. Plus they could fly over and attack Eastwatch from the south and then just ope the door. The thing with the dragon was not real believable, but like I said it looked cool. :LOL:

So all, but one aspect of the finally was fanfriggintastic. :thumbsup:

I can believe it.

Spoiler for GOT s7e7:
The real question is what will happen when Jon (Aegon) and Daenerys both find out. Now instead of being King of the North, will Jon become Aegon Targaryen the True King of the Iron Throne and will Daenerys bend the knee to him.

I don't think . . . .

Spoiler for Title:
Jon (Aegon) will have much interest in the throne. He is the true heir, but I doubt he will want that news to spread. I certainly hope the show is not trying to aim toward them ruling together. I was thinking about this last night. Jon (Aegon) has always been thrust into leadership, but his true purpose is defeating the Night King. Dany's purpose has always been leadership. I think once the Night King is defeated Jon (Aegon) becomes expendable. My guess is he'll either die disposing of the Night King or shortly after he disposes of the Night King, his gift of life might even just expire once the Night King is defeated.

So switching gears for a moment, I guess we're not going to get an explanation of the fan theory that the entire frozen lake incident was a trap. It seems logical that the Night King knew they were coming and was ready to try to catch the dragons, but the show decided to not specifically tell us that in episode 7. I find this disappointing because when you look at everything that happened it seems logical that he did indeed have prior knowledge Jon was coming. He knew that if he trapped Jon's (Aegon's) party Dany would bring the dragons. He had the spears ready and the chains ready. Plus in the scene where Jon's party ran onto the frozen lake I remember seeing a shot that stuck out and the idea of a trap makes it fit into place. There was a shot from above of them running out on the frozen lake. You see the Army of The Dead chasing them toward the island, but you also see the Army of The Dead spreading around the shores of the lake to surround the island. If they were just chasing them, how were so many of the Dead aware that they need to redirect around the edges of the lake prior to anyone falling through the ice? Anyway, I wish we had gotten some kind of verification on the the trap.

Another question, were the fan theories about Jon (Aegon) surviving the frozen lake wrong? The theory is that it was his rebirth and that he can resist ice like Dany can survive fire. As far as the show is looking it would appear the theory is wrong since it didn't really come up and we're looking at only a handful of episodes left. It seems like an odd thing to bring up as it gets later and later in the arc. If it had come up immediately after the lake incident then there it is, but to wait seems like a stretch. Maybe the writers need to read all these fan theories before they commit to such drastic changes. :LOL:

SO the real question is what will Dany's baby be? (I mean you know there will be a baby.) Not only was their union incest, but Jon is also returned from the dead. Plus Jon is the introduction of Stark ancestry into the Targaryan lineage. Anyway, you know they will go there.

And I have always wondered why Rhaegar Targaryen married Elia Martell. I know Dany was not born until after Rhaegar Targaryen was dead, but shouldn't he have married a cousin or something? I read a Wiki that it was because The Mad King felt since he had no daughters they should strengthen their standing by marrying from another noble house. He refused Tywin Lannister's idea that Rhaegar marry Cersei and instead chose Elia. It still seems odd that he wouldn't want Rhaegar to marry another Targaryen even if it wasn't his sister. I know it is late in the game, but I guess I feel this needs more explanation despite the fact that the explanation is obvious, Dany hadn't been born by the time Rhaegar was ready to marry. BUT here is another oddity about it, is it significant that Dany came so late? Is it significant that The Mad King couldn't have daughter until after he himself had been dealt with? Is it significant enough to suggest that The Mad King might not be her father? Okay now I am just off on a tangent that they will never follow with so few episodes remaining, but it really does bother me that they haven't given a SPECIAL reason for why The Mad King decided to marry outside the Targaryen bloodline. I mean you know there were cousins. Not every Targaryen male sibling took The Black.
;)

I actually have to go and watch the last episode of this season. It's still on my DVR (starting up the new academic year had some complications, it's been busy at work). I'll come back and read the thread after that. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back