• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

42 Disc DVD Boxset for Region 1?

awhyley

Hi guys,

I was surfing eBay when I came across a 42 Disc boxset which included the following,

- All 5 seasons of the show,
- The Crusade Series,
- Legend of the Rangers AND
- The Lost Tales

But it was for Region 2 (Europe) only!!! :wtf: I'm trying to find the same set but for US dvd's.
Does anyone know where I can get one? (Cause I need it) :drool:

(Here is the link if anyone's interested,
http://cgi.ebay.com/BABYLON-5-COMPL...hows?hash=item3ca5be8b1a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

Oh no!!!! This is horrible news. I didn't even mind the additional pricing as much as not getting that cool DVD boxset casing. I wonder why they only offered this for region 2? With my my luck, they'll offer the complete Region 1 set, just after I finish ordering everything a la carte. Thanks anyway for the info. Matthew. I appreciate it.

I know there was a region one boxed set, with everything but LotR, and TLT, mentioned here a year or two ago. As I recall, they were pretty scarce.

Most DVD players can be easily made region free with built in hacks. I had to do this a few years ago when I purchased a region2 set of Robocop The Series( it was only released in region2). The code to make the player region free was on the manufacturers web site.

Go to www.videohelp.com, and click on "DVD Hacks" on the left side of the page. This will give you info on how to make many DVD players region-free. But, region 2 discs are in PAL. So, you will need either a player that plays PAL, and converts it to NTSC, or a TV that will display PAL. Fortunately, many cheap players play, and convert, PAL. Both Philips and Toshiba make them, as do others. But, it is often hard to find out which ones do, because they rarely advertise it.

If one is serious about collecting discs from other regions, I recommend the Oppo 980. It is available at Amazon for $170. It is an excellent piece of equipment. If you have an HD TV, you will likely notice a huge improvement in the picture quality you get from your DVDs. It is easily made region-free, and it converts PAL to NTSC, and vice-versa.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back