• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Psyching up for Battlestar G!

Ok who are your guesses for the last Cylon?

And how did Starbuck re-appear mysteriously?

These questions are suppose to be answered in January!

So far, the previews look rather angry. I guess Earth isn't what they expected.

Scifi.com isn't giving anything away except teasers - We do know in the Last Supper picture, that it isn't any of those characters.

I am thinking the doctor is the Cylon...we will see.

Spoiler for :

Last Cylon, my guess is Zerrick. The hybrid spoke about a character coming out of darkness into the light.

Baltar is another guess, but I think that's too "easy" for this show.

Kara, I think is dead. I'm not sure what "Starbuck" is now. I also think that they are not on Earth. They will find it and there they will find Kara's viper and her dead body, leaving people to freak out about who is with them.

Very psyched.

It'll probably be a long wait for the final reveal. I'm guessing that statement is tied to the final two episodes which are called Daybreak parts 1 & 2.

As those titles are very much about the transition from darkness to light, I'm guessing that's when we find out.

My personal feeling about this show is that it got really stale and lame after they left the planet they settled on for a year, so as for the end of the show, I'm more relieved than excited. If this thing didn't have set conclusion date I'd probably give up on it like I'm doing with Heroes. I also feel the same way about Lost- just want to know how it ends already. At least with BSG, it's only half a season that's left, not two. Was still pretty lame they dropped that long break in the middle- what's the point? Now I forgot all the details- do they think this sort of scheduling builds anticipation? For me at least, it builds apathy. Same thing happened with The Sopranos- many people just kind of stopped caring during those long breaks.

Yea, I agree. That's what really pissed me off was because they kept advertising "all will be revealed" and not jack was revealed! They kept doing in-fighting instead. Who's the next cylon dammit! oh next show we will see! then next show comes, and its just some crap. So next show we will find out...again, another disappointment.

So, ya, by the time we found out "who shot JR?" - no one cares and stop watching Dallas anyway.

Then to add insult to the fans...Scifi.com keeps adding these teasers. And who can really decipher that hybrid's mumbo jumbo? :wtf:

But one thing I have noticed about this show, is that there are no aliens. Most sci fi shows have aliens, like Star Trek, Farscape, and B5. BG has no aliens.

The lasting mystery actually doesn't bother me at all. I don't mind- heck, I enjoy- the unknown. But the problem is that none of this feels natural. I'm worried that they've written themselves into a corner in which no possible ending will be satisfying or logical. I hope to be proven wrong, of course.

Well tonight is the night! On my cable line-up, it states that the final cylon will be revealed tonight. I don't know if that's a misprint. I would think they would wait until the last episode?

Final guesses on who it is?

Mine is (in order of best guesses)

1. Zerrick
2. Gaeta
3. Dee

We'll see where the pieces fall.

There's so many choices, it's really hard to tell. In addition to your list there is Adm. Adama, Baltar, Roslin, who all have had what seems to be "projecting" going on with them, which needs to be explained away if they're not the Final 5th. Plus Kara is hard to explain

The 10 webisodes of The Face of the Enemy were shown throughout the commercial breaks of Pitch Black last night. I burned them off to DVD this morning. Pretty good little mini episode when watched back to back.

Lee also projected himself when he was stranded in space (he visualised himself in a rock pool underneath a cliff remember).

There's so many choices, it's really hard to tell. In addition to your list there is Adm. Adama, Baltar, Roslin, who all have had what seems to be "projecting" going on with them, which needs to be explained away if they're not the Final 5th. Plus Kara is hard to explain

The 10 webisodes of The Face of the Enemy were shown throughout the commercial breaks of Pitch Black last night. I burned them off to DVD this morning. Pretty good little mini episode when watched back to back.

Oh! I'm glad you mentioned that. I need to watch those myself.

Lee also projected himself when he was stranded in space (he visualised himself in a rock pool underneath a cliff remember).

I knew there was a reason I only put Adama the first time, and then added Adm. Yes, both Adamas. And remember "Adama is a Cylon". Though Kara could be an honorary Adama (as could Sharon), Dee is an Adama by virtue of marriage to Lee, and Pres Roslin may end up marrying the Adm, which would make her an Adama.

Pitch Black is actually a very fun action flick.

I remember reading something from an interview with Moore (I think), or someone from the show, saying they didn't actually want this long break and didn't write the show with it in mind. If that's true then it wouldn't surprise me if they do actually reveal the final Cylon. Plus, there's plenty of other story to tell (Earth?) so I would imagine it would make sense to start incorporating this big revelation and the consequences therein sooner rather than later.

I'm actually less interested in the final Cylon than any of the other open stories, because I still have a hard swallowing the previous 4, and my prediction is that when all is said and done, I'll look back at Tigh and the Chief hearing Dylan lyrics and becoming Cylons as the moment the show jumped the shark. I would really love for the final Cylon to be something so weird, abstract, previously unthinkable, just to fuck with us, because none of the actual characters would be worth the wait and hype.

The final Cylon is... G'Kar!

I knew there was a reason I only put Adama the first time, and then added Adm. Yes, both Adamas. And remember "Adama is a Cylon". Though Kara could be an honorary Adama (as could Sharon), Dee is an Adama by virtue of marriage to Lee, and Pres Roslin may end up marrying the Adm, which would make her an Adama.

The "honorary" Adamas may be a good bet considering The Old Man's observation of Lee Olben's tendency not to lie outright, but rather to mix the truth with a little bit of a lie.

I've wondered about Leoben's whole "Adama is a cylon" statement for a long time too thinking that it would turn out he wasn't lying, but I'm under the impression that none of the standard cylons know the identities of the final group other than that one D'Anna model, which would mean Leoben couldn't know. But then, the specific Leoben who said the "Adama is a cylon" statement to Roslin has had a particular fascination with Starbuck, so maybe he knows something more than the rest of the standard cylons too. Part of me wondered if at some point the other Adama son (Lee's brother, I can't remember his name) would show up as a cylon, and that that would be the solution to Leoben's statement.

And again, there's that statement that was released that no one in the "Last Supper" picture was the final cylon. Of course, that statement could've just be a giant ass lie to try to misdirect viewers, so who knows.

The "honorary" Adamas may be a good bet considering The Old Man's observation of Lee Olben's tendency not to lie outright, but rather to mix the truth with a little bit of a lie.

in Which case, Sharon is already known to be one, making it a Red Herring.

Pitch Black is actually a very fun action flick.

I'll have to watch it again. I watched it on a TV with bad Color or whatever, and everything was so dark, I got no enjoyment out of it. TV has since been replaced, so it may be better being able to actually see what's going on. Same problem with The Cave, and the other movie just like it, TV was too dark to get any enjoyment out of them.

I've wondered about Leoben's whole "Adama is a cylon" statement for a long time too thinking that it would turn out he wasn't lying, but I'm under the impression that none of the standard cylons know the identities of the final group other than that one D'Anna model, which would mean Leoben couldn't know. But then, the specific Leoben who said the "Adama is a cylon" statement to Roslin has had a particular fascination with Starbuck, so maybe he knows something more than the rest of the standard cylons too. Part of me wondered if at some point the other Adama son (Lee's brother, I can't remember his name) would show up as a cylon, and that that would be the solution to Leoben's statement.

And again, there's that statement that was released that no one in the "Last Supper" picture was the final cylon. Of course, that statement could've just be a giant ass lie to try to misdirect viewers, so who knows.

Yea, I've thought the other Adama son (Zach) but, I thought something else took him off the table (well aside from being dead...)

I don't recall hearing that statement about the "Last Supper" pic, matter of fact, I recall getting the impression while they were showing it that it was definitely someone in the picture. Hmmmm...tricky buggers...Oh well, we're supposed to find out in tonight's episode.

Well, my thoughts are this. First, they are going to want to tie this into the new series: Caprica. In Caprica, it almost seems like they were playing with the idea of "resurrecting" someone's body or memories (i.e. one of the main character's dead daughters.) So, it could mean cloning or somehow uploading memories into a body or "vessel." If that makes sense. Therefore, it could be something along that line--that someone who "died" was brought back via their memories. Someone like Zach, whose memories were "downloading" into a machine.

Did I make any sense?

Given the revelation of the final five living on Earth, "everything's in place", and the seeming difference between the five and the rest of the cylons, I have a theory about baby Hera (that potentially requires everyone to be a cylon). Where as the other cylons resurrect into identical bodies, perhaps the ones like the final five reincarnate instead. Maybe there is no adult sized body copy that they download into like the other cylons but instead that they're reborn from infant age and grow on up. And maybe Hera is the first one to reincarnate from the dead of the intial cylon assault on the colonies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back