• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Arrested Development renewed for third season

admiraldave

Regular
Okay, I know I said I'd stopped watching sticoms, but that was before I got hooked on Arrested Development, and it's just been renewed, so I'm quite happy right now. This is one of the smartest shows I've ever watched, and it always seems to struggle for renewal.

I'm curious as to why it was renewed again this season. Last season, sure, but from what I remember AD's ratings haven't really changed much when compared to the past.

It is a GOOD show though. Indeed, there are few sitcoms that can anywhere near interest me, and this one really pulls me in. Funniest and best sitcom I've ever seen.

The fact that HBO was poised to jump on AD as soon as FOX passed might have had something to do with FOX's decision. After all, they cancelled FF and now look at what's come of that. FOX has had a bad track record of passing on or cancelling items and having it come back to haunt their shortsighted asses.

Perhaps, they're finally starting to learn.

:confused: :eek: :LOL:

Doubt it!

CE

The thing is innovative shows take time to find their audience. Seinfeld was a cult show for years before striking it big.

The fact that HBO was poised to jump on AD as soon as FOX passed might have had something to do with FOX's decision. After all, they cancelled FF and now look at what's come of that. FOX has had a bad track record of passing on or cancelling items and having it come back to haunt their shortsighted asses.

Perhaps, they're finally starting to learn.

:confused: :eek: :LOL:

Doubt it!

CE

Naw, money changes everything. (CL) FOX just has a bad record. Let's leave it there. :devil:

I'm curious how B5 DVD sales yanked some chains.

Back