• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Alex Zahara returns to the fold.

Where do we come from

• Sleeping

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On Minbar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not... really. I'm going part-time. I intend to go for a PhD sometime in my life, but lots of forces (money, job) are holding me back. Damn needing to eat and live somewhere!

:)

Yes. Blast. Having to have a roof. And sustainance. Annoying.

I have no intention of going for my PhD. It just doesn't interest me.

I also have to decide what exactly I want to do with my Ph.D. -- theory or literature? Composition and rhetoric? There's a lot to think about.

And then, of course, there's the fact that I'm pushing ahead in my career, which once you get to a certain point you don't *need* a Master's -- you've got the chops from sheer hours on the job.

What are you planning to do with *your* advanced degree? :)

Not a clue yet. Jobs probably. But, you see, they don't seem to want me. One of my professor keeps dropping my name, but nothing has come up yet. I keep sending people stuff, and they keep not responding. Or they do respond every blue moon but it doesn't pan out. My guess is that they're looking for experienced people with esoteric skills, of which I have little of yet. Often the seem to forget that people who don't know the skills can learn them easily and perhaps do an even better job than those who already do have them but lack the fundamentals. And, thus, we're stuck with the old scenario: You can't get a job without experience, and you can't get experience without a job. But maybe after I officially graduate things will turn better.

Yo Crazybilly glad to see you and everybody else too! sounds like you are having all kinds of fun in school. Really nice to hear from you again. Must sleep be good...Alex.

Hey Everybody great to hear from you all and to be back here! It is very late and The Goodbye Girl is on tv, it is such a great play and movie. I did some selected readings from some new plays last night, one character was a Spanish Duke and after the break a director showed his short film, I then auditioned for him the next day for Young Blades (muskateers thing) playing a French Duke. What are the odds!? I hope you are all doing well and have a Merry Christmas! Be Well!! Alex.
:LOL:

In journalism it's much the same thing: they want two years of experience everywhere, but you can't get the experience if you can't get a job! I got lucky and an editor took a chance on me; maybe somebody'll recognize raw potential when they see it and do the same for you. I'll be rooting for you out here in cow country. :)

I can't believe I've never seen the Goodbye Girl, but I've never...

HEY guys I got the role of the French Duke, Duke de Faure, on young Blades I shoot in Jan 10-14th. Nice little christmas gift, knowing I have a job to start the new year off! Merry Merry everyone! oxox Alex. :p

HEY guys I got the role of the French Duke, Duke de Faure, on young Blades I shoot in Jan 10-14th. Nice little christmas gift, knowing I have a job to start the new year off! Merry Merry everyone! oxox Alex. :p

Woo hooo!!!! That's very cool! :cool: Congratulations, good sir. :D

Congratulations! I wish all the best for you. Now you can enjoy your christmas and new year in relaxed fashion. Be well. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back