B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > A new river > B5.reborn

Old May 16th 22, 13:28   #31
Looney
Psi Cop

Re: special Guest Star - ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
Iím as hard to shake off as a bad rash.
I believe someone did say that about you.

Well I keep posting because I want it to appear there are active threads. New Members and prospective members will likely be discouraged by seeing a bunch of threads no one has posted in lately. I just feel bad for them because they might end up talking to me.

You know I am going back through the show and it really is remarkable how many good guest stars they landed, GEOMETRY OF SHADOW with MICHAEL ANSARA last night. I REALLY can't wait to see whom the reboot comes up with. BUT I feel like original cast members have to have multi-episode arcs. They REALLY need to get on this so we can see what JMS comes up with for Walter Koenig. But Bruce, Claudia, Pat, Peter, Jason, Bill, and Andrea (if she wants to come back) all need multi-episode roles, and by multi-episode I mean at least 50each. Also would love for Tamlyn to get a substantial role. I think Josh Coxx would make a great villain - I only say this because, as I believe I might have referenced earlier, he had a great one-off villain role on REVOLUTION that should have become a series regular villain role.
Old May 16th 22, 20:51   #32
Springer
Telepath

I do wonder whether including actors from the original show would become a bit gimmicky. We'd be watching to see Boxleitner or Christian, and putting emphasis on that rather than the story or the character. So I could see an argument against doing that.

I suppose it depends on how it's done. Richard Hatch in nu-BSG is an example of how it's done right (well, at least until they just turned him into a villain)
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th 22, 22:09   #33
hypatia
First One

It would be a tricky balance (pleasing fans of the classic show while not pandering to them). I know when they rebooted Doctor Who they avoided bringing any of the older characters back to the show for some time. But I think in the end regretted not having Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart return. Later, they brought in one of his descendants (or relative of some kind, maybe niece?). I think a lot of us regretted missing a chance to see this beloved character again.
Old May 16th 22, 23:08   #34
LateArrival
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
It would be a tricky balance (pleasing fans of the classic show while not pandering to them). I know when they rebooted Doctor Who they avoided bringing any of the older characters back to the show for some time. But I think in the end regretted not having Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart return. Later, they brought in one of his descendants (or relative of some kind, maybe niece?). I think a lot of us regretted missing a chance to see this beloved character again.

Was doing some off-topic reading as it appears they are bringing back two companions from the Classic series - Tegan and Ace - later this year. Was scrolling and clicking here-and-there and read that Nicholas Courtney made a brief appearance on screen as The Brigadier in the Dec 2008 (S2E11-12) episodes of the Sarah Jane Adventures. While the new series didn't revisit Classic characters that often, at least there are the Big Finish releases.
Old May 17th 22, 03:50   #35
hypatia
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateArrival View Post
Was doing some off-topic reading as it appears they are bringing back two companions from the Classic series - Tegan and Ace - later this year. Was scrolling and clicking here-and-there and read that Nicholas Courtney made a brief appearance on screen as The Brigadier in the Dec 2008 (S2E11-12) episodes of the Sarah Jane Adventures. While the new series didn't revisit Classic characters that often, at least there are the Big Finish releases.
Yes, I have heard something about them returning. I had wished Nyssa could return, too. But it will be great to see how the modern writing will deal with these headstrong characters.

I didnít know about the Brigadier in The Sarah Jane Adventures. Iíll have to see if Hulu or HBO Max has that series. Iíve seen some of it, but not much. It was definitely made more for kids, but it looked like it might be fun. Thanks for sharing that, Late Arrival.
Old May 17th 22, 03:55   #36
hypatia
First One

to bring it back to on topic, I saw a YouTube video last night about the whole delay thing. I gather Stargate, Babylon 5 and another series are all in a holding pattern. So no new information, just that other series are in the same boat.
Old May 20th 22, 14:01   #37
Looney
Psi Cop

I don't know if I could take another Stargate series. I love SG-1 so dearly, but I also hate it sooooooooooooooooooooo much - as I have rambled on about many times. If there is a new Stargate Series then I'd like JMS to run it. If he can't then it needs to be me.

THERE WILL BE NO MENTION OF ASCENSION!!!!! (TAG THAT AS MY COPWRITE BECAUSE I AM GOING TO START MAKING T-SHIRTS FOR THE CAMPAIGN.)