• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Matt Smith Dr Who

I just read that Torchwood will resume in the summer of 2011. In the US, it will be shown on Starz, a premium cable movie channel, and not on BBC America. I'm hoping I can get it on the Windsor CBC channel.

And still under BBC supervision - that's good. The Torchwood America rumours sounded absolutely crap - "We like your show, but couldn't Jack be straight?" :rolleyes:

As far as American tv has come, it's still significantly more homophobic than they'd like to admit. Everyone knows that gay characters are only ever best friends to straight main characters! You can't have the main character of a story not be hetero!! [sigh]

And still under BBC supervision - that's good. The Torchwood America rumours sounded absolutely crap - "We like your show, but couldn't Jack be straight?" :rolleyes:

Barrowman famously was turned down for the lead role in Will and Grace because the producers thought he was too straight. Oh ironies of ironies.

Getting slightly back on track with DW and the next episode's guest star - James Corden, has got into a bizarre spat with Sir Patrick Stewart at an awards ceremony.

I think they both came across as quite childish. I agree it's quite rude to present awards with your hands in your pocket... but it's equally rude to publicly draw attention to another person's faux pas.

And once the initial shots were fired it seems to be a case of one-upmanship taking over. Corden got quite sharp, spiteful and hot-headed whilst Stewart tried (awkwardly and unsuccessfully IMHO), to try and mock him with humour.

One giant utterly needless cock fight.

Much as I respect Stewart as an actor, I do think he comes across as a bit patronising in interview. He was appearing in Waiting for Godot last year and whilst promoting the play on BBC's "The One Show", treated the presenters like infants when he assumed that they didn't understand that it was a comedy.

There were no winners in my book... utterly childish spat and they should both know better.

I'm glad i took a chance and decided to read JJ's post in this thread. I have been avoiding it to avoid spoilers of Dr. Who.

I saw at Amazon that a season 4 existed for Torchwood, but hadn't come out yet, I gathered from other info it hadn't actually been filmed yet.

I'll have to buy it to see it anytime soon, I'm sure, so forgive my lack of sympathy about the pay channel. :p

;)

I just wish it were a cable option in my area, and/or my area didn't get very iffy satellite service.

Cable One, and I wasn't paying close enough attention (it's tricky to read-and-yet-not-read, to avoid spoilers). I thought it was a different channel you were talking about.

Torchwood will come out on StarZ? Cable One does indeed have that channel here.

Everything around here is pretty small, do keep that in mind. :) Except maybe our one grocery store in town: Safeway. We have a Burger King's too, but no McDonalds.

Thanks so much for the info. Remind me in a year. ;) I'll check out the price on that channel soon. I wonder if they show anything worth watching until torchwood.

I used to have Starz, and thought it was pretty good.

I looked up Cable One. It is the 10th largest cable co. in the US, and owned by the Washington Post. I didn't look far enough to see their cable lineup. They don't seem to have any systems in my part of the country, so that's why I haven't heard of them.

Yea, like restaraunt or grocery chains: sometimes they are kind of in sections around the country, but don't span them all. As it is our only good choice for higher speed internet and for any television at all (no reception out where I am), we got luck getting a company as good as Cable One, actually.

On topic: I absolutely loved The Lodger. I know it reminded a lot of people of Love and Monsters (which I did not hate nearly as much as others, either) but I thought 11 was truly at his best here - trying to be normal, but failing so very, very badly.

Words cannot barely express my surly mood at the off topicness.:klingon::rolleyes::p;)

For me, StarZ means I'll be able to see a Dr Who spinoff, so that works for me. :D

Can a questions about Sarah James Adventures be asked here? Was there ever a second season of that? :p

I can actually find that out pretty easily, online.

So, feel free to :scream: now. :devil:

Words cannot barely express my surly mood at the off topicness.:klingon::rolleyes::p;)

For me, StarZ means I'll be able to see a Dr Who spinoff, so that works for me. :D

Can a questions about Sarah James Adventures be asked here? Was there ever a second season of that? :p

:scream:

;)

Yes, SJA got a second season .. and a third one .. and a fourth one, and a fifth one. Those last two have not been aired yet - season 4 will come later this year, and will feature the return of ...

Spoiler for Sarah Jane Adventures:
Jo Grant!!!!

Sorry to go over old ground, I'm sure, but Dr Who is only being shown on BBC America at the moment? Or not?

:scream:

;)

Yes, SJA got a second season .. and a third one .. and a fourth one, and a fifth one. Those last two have not been aired yet - season 4 will come later this year, and will feature the return of ...

Spoiler for Sarah Jane Adventures:
Jo Grant!!!!

So I missed probably the second and third seasons. Hmm, time I try to rent them.

Speaking of which, some of the Dr Who might be on DVD that I kind of sort of couldn't watch earlier, assuming I'm all honest and legal and upstanding and such.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back