• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bruce Boxleitner to be in 'Heroes'

That's great.I don't watch "Heroes" because it looks too much like "X-Men" or "Mutant X" but it it might be interesting to see the episodes with Bruce and remember the good old B5 days.

Probably, but still a shame. Still, they didn't mention his so-far biggest movie role either, in Tron.

I imagine TV Guide feels that more of the articles target audience will remember Scarecrow and Mrs King than B5.

If the buyable TV guides are anything like 90% of the UK ones, they aren't aimed at a male audience at all. They seem to be written towards a largely female bias.

So a narrowminded editor who thinks sci-fi puts women off 100% will not publish an article that focusses on Tron either.

Nice!

It will be good to see him in the show, and frankly the role it seems to be picked for I think he will fit in nicely too. He can pull from his President Sheridan days. :)

Oh good!

Female-only bias is as bad as the typically male bias of thinking that women don't like sci-fi, what's more that we shouldn't like sci-fi, and that if a woman dares to like sci-fi she's not feminine...

I think the biggest mistake that the producers and writer made with Heroes is that the gave Hiro Nakamura unlimited time travel capability, which potentially could undermine the series as a whole. if he could travel in time like he did then he could have saved his father prevented a lot things from happening probably stopped Sylar before he even became a threat. Think about it. its a problem that the creator of the show have created for them selves.

...if he could travel in time like he did then he could have saved his father....

I don't want to take this thread off topic (there are threads in the non-B5 tv forum that discuss Heroes), but I do want to point out that in season two, Hiro did go back in time to save his father. If I remember correctly, Hiro and his father eventually agree that Hiro has to let his father be killed.

I think the biggest mistake that the producers and writer made with Heroes is that the gave Hiro Nakamura unlimited time travel capability, which potentially could undermine the series as a whole. if he could travel in time like he did then he could have saved his father prevented a lot things from happening probably stopped Sylar before he even became a threat. Think about it. its a problem that the creator of the show have created for them selves.

The biggest mistake made in Heroes has been the shows continued existence. I respect the fact that a lot of people like it, but that show has been garbage from day one.

Cell and Vacantlook guys ,sorry should not have brought the issue up in this thread, lets not deflect it off topic I don't want create a problem. My comment was a blunder lets stay on topic.

Yeah, going off-topic happens here. We're pretty lax about it, but will try to bring things back on-topic if a thread becomes contentious. We're nowhere near contentious here. I was the one wanting to go off-topic and was trying to be polite about my doing so. So, don't worry Garovorkin, you're fine.

Great news that BB is still getting some pretty high profile work. I think he's a top actor and very consistent with it. Good on camera focus and off it. Very pleased!

I think some are being too harsh with Heroes. It's alright. Not in B5's league at all of course, but Heroes, for me, is about how it's written and how everything interacts like a draw-out Pulp Fiction and which IMO is does this particular interaction far better, far more interestingly and with far more mystery. That's what keeps me going. Probably never watch it on DVD as once the mystery is over, that's the end of the entertainment. I won't be watching it hundreds of times over, or looking forward to the day I retire to an old peoples home so I can watch over and over it until I die, like I will with B5...

Same here. I bought the first season of Heroes on DVD, but I regret it. I just haven't cared to watch through it again. I like it the first time through, but I'm just not that interested in repeat viewings.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back