• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 on Comet TV

Soooo I have been trying to watch B5 on Comet every Wednesday. I am able to watch it through the Comet app on my Roku. It is soooo difficult with those constant repeating commercials.

By the way, since you missed that I started this thread in October I think maybe you can go ahead and combine it with the other thread that was started in December- if that is possible.

VERY shocked that we have Babylon 5 on Comet and Amazon Prime in the U.S. right now and there isn't more discussion being generated here or anywhere - I don't know about Facebook. I do admit that having sooooo many episodes on Comet in one night is pretty overwhelming. I can totally understand that this method is not the way to bring new fans into the fold.

SO like I said, watching a block of B5 on Comet is no way to win new fans. WAY too much information and too much time commitment. And I'll tell you another strange thing to do. Go to Amazon Prime. Put on MIDNIGHT ON THE FIRING LINE and then let it play while you do other stuff. SO awesome to walk around all day doing different things and then come into the room and be able to pick out where you are. :LOL: That is why the blocks on Comet don't work for winning new fans over. They are too long. A new fan needs to be able to watch an episode and digest. Maybe two or three would work, but those Comet blocks are too long. I guess they are not if we're talking the last part of Season 3 through Season 4 because you're gonna get caught up in it, but for the rest of the show not so much. Blocks of episodes only work if you are already familiar with the content.

That is why the blocks on Comet don't work for winning new fans over. They are too long. A new fan needs to be able to watch an episode and digest. Maybe two or three would work, but those Comet blocks are too long.

Interesting. Being in the UK, I don't know how long the blocks of episodes are on Comet, so maybe they are showing too many episodes at once, but in this age of binge-watching shows, you don't think B5 lends itself to that?

I guess if they're showing so many episodes at once, they must be going through them all pretty quick and repeating them?

Meanwhile here in the UK we're up to mid-fifth season on Sky 1's morning broadcasts. To be honest, I haven't been able to keep up with it due to work etc. Wonder if they'll show Crusade afterwards?

That is why the blocks on Comet don't work for winning new fans over. They are too long. A new fan needs to be able to watch an episode and digest. Maybe two or three would work, but those Comet blocks are too long.

Interesting. Being in the UK, I don't know how long the blocks of episodes are on Comet, so maybe they are showing too many episodes at once, but in this age of binge-watching shows, you don't think B5 lends itself to that?

I guess if they're showing so many episodes at once, they must be going through them all pretty quick and repeating them?

Meanwhile here in the UK we're up to mid-fifth season on Sky 1's morning broadcasts. To be honest, I haven't been able to keep up with it due to work etc. Wonder if they'll show Crusade afterwards?

10 EPISODES!!!!! Yeah they have burned through the series quickly. This Wednesday ends Season 4 and jumps right into Season 5.

10 EPISODES!!!!! Yeah they have burned through the series quickly. This Wednesday ends Season 4 and jumps right into Season 5.

Ha! Okay that's rather a lot, if only from a stamina perspective!

Do they not show any other shows on Comet? That's like nearly half a day's viewing!

Do they not show any other shows on Comet? That's like nearly half a day's viewing!

They start early evening Wednesday and that is all they show the rest of the night. And not only are there that many episodes, but there are MANY commercial breaks. And they pretty much repeat the same ten ads over and over again. :wtf::eek:

One thing I noticed from the Mark Watches channel is that even five episodes a week of B5 might be too much. B5 really shouldn't be binge watched, it really does need time for each episode to sink in and become the new normal.

One thing I noticed from the Mark Watches channel is that even five episodes a week of B5 might be too much. B5 really shouldn't be binge watched, it really does need time for each episode to sink in and become the new normal.

I completely agree. :thumbsup:

Just a little aside I don't believe I mentioned before, COMET TV's B5 promos are awesome. It is a real shame they beat them into the ground at every commercial break. It is strange that they have so many commercial breaks when they clearly have NOT sold the advertising slots. I guess they think they are planning for the future, but why not lure fans with fewer breaks if you haven't sold the time? They are SO annoying. :scream::brickwall:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back