B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old January 19th 07, 19:58   #11
Sinclair

Re: 24 - Season 6 [spoilers]

I was pretty impressed with the first four episodes. One of the things I think I like the most is that they are finally setting things with the president actually in the White House instead of him just happening to be in LA. Wayne is believable as the president and I like all of the Oval Office interations.

I was actually glad to see Milo back, as we hadn't seen him since the first year. I agree that all the petty bickering with him and Morris is a waste of time.

I too like the terrorist plot. From the very first moment of the episode we see that America is getting terrorized on a massive scale within its own borders and that sets up the bigger nuke plot nicely. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
Old January 19th 07, 21:03   #12
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
I was actually glad to see Milo back, as we hadn't seen him since the first year. I agree that all the petty bickering with him and Morris is a waste of time.
And not very convincing. We're supposed to believe that Morris goes for girls? Yeah, right
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd 07, 21:18   #13
Chilli

Re: 24 - Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKarsEye View Post
absurd "twists" that have no rhyme or reason
you rang?
Old January 24th 07, 04:02   #14
Recoil
First One

Yea, how about it?

There are a couple things about this season that I'm really having trouble buying.

First, that Wayne Palmer, from being someone who fell completely out of political circles when David didn't go for re-election, is all of a sudden the President.

Second, that the dude who was masterminding a previous Season's evil scheme (I don't remember which), the guy who looks like he could be Ron Howard if you compressed him down several inches, turns out to be Jack Bauer's brother. Riiiiiiiiight.

Oh well, there it is. Also like how they slipped in ANOTHER love triangle there with his Sister in Law? Nice.

Hell I actually had trouble adjusting to the idea that Bauer even had a dad, let alone a brother (let alone one who turned out to be the evil guy from an earlier season). I mean in 5 seasons there was never mention of family outside Kim, but BOOM! There you go. We got Bauers coming out of our assholes.
Old January 24th 07, 20:53   #15
Sinclair

I thought the idea of Jack's brother and father and sister-in-law thing was pretty rediculous. You're right, no mention ever of anyone other than Kim and Terri. I knew that guy playing his brother looked familiar, I just figured I'd seen him in another show, but now I vaguely remember seeing him in another season, like you said, just not sure which one.

At least I like James Cromwell who looks like he'll be playing Jack's dad.
Old January 24th 07, 21:57   #16
Chilli

I most certainly did not see this twist coming. But I assume that that's because my head isn't in the dark scary place where the writers got this latest idea ..

I wonder how Logan's going to come back into it again. I'm assuming he will.
Old January 25th 07, 09:15   #17
GaribaldisHair
First One

Graeme was the bad guy pulling Logan's strings in season 5.

That season would have been so much better if it had actually been the pres himself that was the evil bad guy rather than him being a puppet for some shadowy background figure ... who turns out to be Jack's Brother.

Hmmm.

Cake or death?
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th 07, 14:58   #18
Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
I wonder how Logan's going to come back into it again. I'm assuming he will.
I heard an interview with the actor last year on the Bob and Tom Show after the season ended and he said he'd be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaribaldisHair View Post
Graeme was the bad guy pulling Logan's strings in season 5.
Thanks, that was driving me nuts. I have season 5 on DVD but have yet to rewatch it.
Old February 6th 07, 16:38   #19
GKarsEye
First One

Jack's evil brother? Hah-hah.

I've stopped watching so I'll enjoy reading what nonsense they continue to come up with.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th 07, 23:19   #20
Recoil
First One

Actually, its Jack's Evil Dad and his Dead Evil Brother.