B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 31st 03, 21:51   #11
Loadhan
Telepath

Re: 24 (03/25/03) S*P*O*I*L*E*R*S

I think Kate was always meant to be a main character this season (whether the viewers like it or not). She's listed as such in the opener-flash-back thingy and ... well it's not as if she's plot important in the first third of the day to warrent her existence as a character who will simply fade out. For awhile she's just the charcter connected to several that are important to the story.

And if Kate and Jack get together, she can be Kim's new mum and they can share hostage stories.
Loadhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st 03, 21:58   #12
GKarsEye
First One

The entertainment press pretty much said that Kate and Jack were going to end up together, so her place in the show was set from day one.

I am assuming the tattooed commando dude is hooked up with the anti-Palmer people, possibly taking orders from them.

Has it been determined that her father is not in league with bad guys, or is that door still open?
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st 03, 22:21   #13
Recoil
First One

Quote:
Has it been determined that her father is not in league with bad guys, or is that door still open?
I think it is ASSUMED that he is clean since Marie was a bad bad person. But you may be right, it could still be the dad. Those people came for Kate pretty damn quickly when she was snooping around earlier. And I thought I remember tatoos on one of the guys that nabbed her and that PI.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st 03, 11:21   #14
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Quote:
The entertainment press pretty much said that Kate and Jack were going to end up together, so her place in the show was set from day one.
That doesn't necessarily follow. And spotting chemistry between actors doesn't need to wait for audiance reaction. It *might* be a decision they made after seeing the dailies from the episode where the two were actually together on screen.

Remember that in the first season of Farscape Chiana was supposed to be a guest character who got killed off an ep or two after she first arrived. TPTB on the show liked Gigi Edgly's performance and chemistry with cast so well that they changed her death to a wounding and kept her. All of that happened long before any of her episodes actually hit the air, and therefore before the audiance's reaction to her could be guaged.

Of course, I could very well be all wet. When we find out what the connection is it might all feel like nothing else was ever an option. For now, however, the demand to bring Kate along felt like a forced late addition to keep her in the middle of the story (or at least with Jack).
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st 03, 11:35   #15
GKarsEye
First One

Quote:
And spotting chemistry between actors doesn't need to wait for audiance reaction. It *might* be a decision they made after seeing the dailies from the episode where the two were actually together on screen.

The entertainment press I was talking about was before the season aired.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st 03, 18:41   #16
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Quote:
The entertainment press I was talking about was before the season aired
Ah, OK then. I didn't see any of those references until after some of the Jack & Kate eps had aired. But then I don't keep up with things like that very well, and tend to actively avoid anything that looks like it might be spoilerish about a show that I know I am going watch anyway.
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st 03, 20:28   #17
B5_Obsessed
First One

I would've sworn that the encore was to be on at 11:00pm last night, but no, it was The Shield marathon. Oh well, I guess I'll just move on with tonight's episode.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st 03, 20:59   #18
Recoil
First One

It was on for me. 11pm CST. I taped it. It also was on a couple hours ago.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote